Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car with this already installed and I am trying to identify a replacement element for it.

I see online images of the Vararam style filter elements and they do not look exactly like this.

The housing say it is a "Green Filter" brand but I can't find it anywhere on their site. I thought maybe Vararam sourced it to them and that maybe the elements are interchangeable.

Anyone else have this element style ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Vararam used to offer a green filter. I believe they still do if you contact them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vararam used to offer a green filter. I believe they still do if you contact them.
Does the Vararam Filter have the same shape as this one? I mean can I buy the Vararam one and put it into my housing. Images that I have seen of the Vararam element do not look like both ends of it are tapered like this one; rather they have "squared off" ends.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yes you can use a standard vararam filter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can also clean your existing one, they are re-usable.

I am currently attempting to modify my Vararam filter housing to accept a paper filter. I may do some invasive surgery to the existing filter and I need to make sure I can replace it if things go wrong.

What prompted the original post was the fact that whenever I see an image of the Vararam filters on FleaBay, they don't look like mine. They have square corners, mine has tapered corners. I thought maybe I have an oddball setup with impossible-to-get filters. Turns out it is normal..... so let the carnage begin.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I ran a green filter in my stock housing. The filter pleats were twice the depth of a K&N. I think they are the best filter out there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It came like that from Vararam - I bought it new.
Ahh. I was thinking Green Filters cloned the Vararam and that's why mine does not have the red Vararam label on it. I thought OK I can get either a Vararam supplied filter, or a Green Filters one, provided they are interchangeable; actually, the whole point of the original post. Add to that, I never saw the tapered corners on the online images of Vararam filter elements; yet, mine is tapered.

Thanks for the info but I still wonder why mine does not say Vararam on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know about any Vararam label on the filter, but the Vararam label on the air box assembly itself did not stick well and fell off after a couple of months.
I'm sorry I was unclear. The filter didn't have a label on it, the air box did. If you look at the original post, I show the air box with the "Green" label on it. lol maybe the Vararam label fell off mine also and the previous owner stuck the green filter label on it.

I'm finished wondering about who made it though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts