Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't appear in the manual that I can see. Could this just indicate low oil life percentage or something else? After doing an oil change and resetting the OLM - it seems to have gone away.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Trip button stuck?
It only shows up if you hold “trip” button down on the steering wheel and turn the ignition on
It is meant for resetting OLM for Engine and transmission (instead of stepping repeatedly on the pedal)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ok. I thought something happened and I'd have to reset something with a code reader!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Very interesting. I never like fluttering the go pedal unless I'm taking off! :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The OLM does not reset itself. If yours actually did, you managed to do it by mistake without knowing or the computer had some sort of fluke. The OLM is essentially just a calculator with one input, being a manual reset, then it takes engine run time, temp, driving style, etc, into account. It has know way of telling the actual condition of the oil or if you've removed the oil plug or anything like that.

Reading back, you "had it changed", so the tech reset it for you.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Well, somebody did. Tech, grease monkey, or underwear gnome...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
elephantrider
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing