Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only found one post about it and one person with it. Anyone else have it?

·
Infantry Sniper
857 Posts
I am waiting to see if the 2014 Chevy SS one is compatible with our cars. It is touch screen and the car is supposed to be a new "G8" so hopefully they will use the same wiring and such.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I am waiting to see if the 2014 Chevy SS one is compatible with our cars. It is touch screen and the car is supposed to be a new "G8" so hopefully they will use the same wiring and such.
http://media.caranddriver.com/image...otainment-display-photo-501756-s-1280x782.jpg
Not even remotely compatible. The entire dash is redesigned. None of the parts are the same anymore. And the whole car network (GM LAN) is switched over from Australian Holden one to the standard GM one. So, even if you source entire interior from a crashed SS car down the road, it still won't be electronically compatible with G8.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No has bought this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you search for the 1st introduction thread made you'll see a few people with it installed. I think the price scares off most people (unfortunately myself including).

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you search for the 1st introduction thread made you'll see a few people with it installed. I think the price scares off most people (unfortunately myself including).
I also think more people would be inclined to buy it if it had Navigation, but JHP said that due to the map issues it really wasnt possible. I was looking at possible doing a touch screen overlay, but the composite-only input for our screen is a pretty big limiting factor for video quality.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only one person in there has it, was hoping to find another review before spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[email protected] has the iQ touch screen set up in his G8.
There are 10+ G8s with this radio upgrade, another was shipped this week.

Also JHP are testing an interface GPS to suit iQ touch screen radio upgrade for North America... This will be an upgrade option for all the iQ radio upgrades already sold for G8s.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
[email protected] has the iQ touch screen set up in his G8.
There are 10+ G8s with this radio upgrade, another was shipped this week.

Also JHP are testing an interface GPS to suit iQ touch screen radio upgrade for North America... This will be an upgrade option for all the iQ radio upgrades already sold for G8s.
Interesting

·
Registered
288 Posts
^ Gary H in the UK has one of the JHP iQ touch screen radio upgrade kit to suit his VXR ( HSV ). Check his you tube link to see some of his mods & GPS

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Oh, I've watched several times since he first posted it. Researched the GPS a bit too. It was very tough coming to a definitive answer on if the system could be applied to a US market...at least without the financing and resources to get it done. I hope that JHP (or anyone else) can do it. It'd be great news.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looking forward to this and how it turns out,

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
shouldn't you be posting on CHP about LS3 adventures? btw, post on there if you find any info... i was curious myself...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well I cant get the black dash and radio with the option 1 setup so it looks like have to find another route.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts