Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Anyone upgrade to G8 IQ Touchscreen Stereo

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  minytrker 
#1 ·
I only found one post about it and one person with it. Anyone else have it?

#2 ·
I am waiting to see if the 2014 Chevy SS one is compatible with our cars. It is touch screen and the car is supposed to be a new "G8" so hopefully they will use the same wiring and such.

#3 · (Edited)
I am waiting to see if the 2014 Chevy SS one is compatible with our cars. It is touch screen and the car is supposed to be a new "G8" so hopefully they will use the same wiring and such.
http://media.caranddriver.com/image...otainment-display-photo-501756-s-1280x782.jpg
Not even remotely compatible. The entire dash is redesigned. None of the parts are the same anymore. And the whole car network (GM LAN) is switched over from Australian Holden one to the standard GM one. So, even if you source entire interior from a crashed SS car down the road, it still won't be electronically compatible with G8.

#4 ·
No has bought this?

#6 ·
I also think more people would be inclined to buy it if it had Navigation, but JHP said that due to the map issues it really wasnt possible. I was looking at possible doing a touch screen overlay, but the composite-only input for our screen is a pretty big limiting factor for video quality.

#8 ·
Monaro@JHP has the iQ touch screen set up in his G8.
There are 10+ G8s with this radio upgrade, another was shipped this week.

Also JHP are testing an interface GPS to suit iQ touch screen radio upgrade for North America... This will be an upgrade option for all the iQ radio upgrades already sold for G8s.

#10 ·
Monaro@JHP has the iQ touch screen set up in his G8.
There are 10+ G8s with this radio upgrade, another was shipped this week.

Also JHP are testing an interface GPS to suit iQ touch screen radio upgrade for North America... This will be an upgrade option for all the iQ radio upgrades already sold for G8s.
Interesting

#12 ·
Oh, I've watched several times since he first posted it. Researched the GPS a bit too. It was very tough coming to a definitive answer on if the system could be applied to a US market...at least without the financing and resources to get it done. I hope that JHP (or anyone else) can do it. It'd be great news.

#14 ·
shouldn't you be posting on CHP about LS3 adventures? btw, post on there if you find any info... i was curious myself...

#15 · (Edited)
Well I cant get the black dash and radio with the option 1 setup so it looks like have to find another route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.