Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months a waiting for paid parts on back order. I installed my Koni shocks ONE MONTH ago. I have less than 750 miles on them. At the track yesterday, had my hood open cooling down a bit, and my buddy notices that the passenger side strut mount has some oil pooled up in it. There is also some oil stains showing on the painted fender area under the hood where the strut mount sits.

I am guessing Koni will own up to the problem, but am I just to assume I will have to cover the installation and alignment costs? Will they send me a replacement (even if I have to front the cash) so I will not have down time?

What a horrible experience with Koni so far....

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Morris is going through the warranty process now. They will send you a new one at half price and refund you the money back after receiving yours if you don't want down time.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Do you have the adjuster on max stiff or full soft

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good to know about the replacement for downtime, that is fair at least.

All four are set at the middle setting.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Well, I know what suspension I won't be getting...
It happens to all suspensions. Every G8 owner local to me that I have met that has had pedders has had them fail and be replaced. Our heavy cars are tough on parts...

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
It happens to all suspensions. Every G8 owner local to me that I have met that has had pedders has had them fail and be replaced. Our heavy cars are tough on parts...
Yeah, but after only 1 month? Seems a bit soon to me lol

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just don't feel like spending extra money on alignments when "quality" parts break. This wasn't some used part from swap meet. I guess I will just have to wait and see what Koni says.

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are sending out a unit from some vendor in Cali. They (koni ky) were out of stock again. Considering selling these for something different. Lets see what happens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ive rarely ever seen any problems with koni , koni is in the top tier

compared to the other companies out , for struts/shocks , coil overs , you could consider koni never having a problem !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts