Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away for the past 8 months and havent been on any wbesites or forums concerning G8's can anyone give me a quick run down on anything new, or the latest and greatest products for our cars? (If any) or has the performance market stalled out?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I've been rocking steady for a year now on this site and their isn't a whole lot of mind blowing stuff since you last been on . There is the g.o.n.e. 2013 meet which there's a thread on. People have been modding and this site is growing ,which there is a recent thread on. I don't think you mist out on too much . So the real question is , where yuh been ! Lol.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Since you currently have a Cortex tuner, I've found you can add long tube headers and still use the Cortex 91 and 87 tunes safely (thanks to those that tested this on the dyno). You just have to clear the codes that come up for the rear O2's every now and then. The 93 tune has a higher AFR programed, so I would avoid that octane tune with headers.

But let me warn you, after you install the long tubes, you will find it very hard to stay out of the throttle. If you have enough will power to not go WOT all the time, you will see a mileage improvement (around 2-3 mpg better, maybe more).

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
It looks like we may have another option for better LCAs in the works.

Also there is a nice splitter available for our cars now made by Kyne available through maryland speed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive been thinking of going the LTH route. Been trying to find the best way to connect it to the borla exhaust. If I do decide to do all that, I'd take it somewhere and have it tuned by a professional. LCA?

·
Registered
737 Posts
are you still where your profile says or are you on the east coast?

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
Ive been thinking of going the LTH route. Been trying to find the best way to connect it to the borla exhaust. If I do decide to do all that, I'd take it somewhere and have it tuned by a professional. LCA?
Lower Control Arms

1 - 9 of 9 Posts