Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at maybe getting into an SS, so here's an "appraise my value" thread. Can add pictures later, but just looking for a ballpark of what might be expected. Thanks for any input!

09.5 GT
Sport Red Metallic - paint has typical rock chips, swirls, etc.
TintWorld ceramic window tint - 35% on front sides, 5% on back sides and rear, clear film on windshield for heat rejection and 5% eyebrow strip.
102XXX miles (daily)
DOD delete with Pat G/Texas Speed cam meant for boost
222/230 114+4 .600/.600
Texas Speed CNC heads
Pat G tuned.
Put down 416/400 at the wheels
Work done about 8,000 miles ago
Rotofab
Kooks mids/cats, ceramic coated (Maryland speed special before they went all the way south lol)
Kooks 3" to 2.5" mid pipe with X
GXP mufflers
GXP front Brembos
DBA 4000 rotors
Superpro front LCAs
Superpro radius arms
Superpro strut mounts
Moog inner and outer tie rods - both sides
Upgraded dual-pulley AC tensioner.
PPV Severe Duty struts & shocks with King Springs at factory ride height.
BMR front and rear sway bars and end links
BMR rear cradle bushing inserts
BMR strut tower brace (not currently installed)
Camaro 1LE rear LCAs
Superpro Polyelast engine mounts
Voodoo Chicken carrier bearing
Spec-D headlights with LED strips replaced/white running light/amber switchback, Morimoto mini H1 retrofit (bi-xenon) split with Morimoto 2stroke LED highbeams (****ing bright)
Morimoto LED fog assemblies
Ebay clear fender markers and ebay LED fender signals (will include OEM of both)
Haas Batwing splitter
Spec-D LED tails with Diode Dynamics signal/reverse bulbs (OEM tails would come with car)
VisualGarage sharkfin antenna (**** radio reception but looks great)
Drag DR64 Z28 replicas - 20x9 +35 square running 255/30 General GMax AS-05s - currently needs two new tires.
Rolled fenders
Custom charcoal suede headliner with diamond stitching - added sound dampening (SDS tiles) and hydrophobic melamine to the roof above the headliner while it was out)
G8 Designs radio/HVAC kit
Kenwood DDX594 - wired for backup camera but current camera is broken. Also has RCAs run for subs in trunk.
Polk MM 6.5 in front doors, tweeters in dash.
Polk DB 6.5 coax in rear doors
Nothing in factory sub holes.
Doors and rear deck treated with Kno Knoise Kolossus dampening tiles when speakers installed.
HSV leather steering wheel with black aluminum extended paddle shifters.
Driver seat has some flaking and creasing, but no tears or holes.

Tranny, cooling system, and rear differential all serviced at GM dealer in the last 10-15,000 miles.
Oil changed with Mobil1 extended synthetic every 7,500 - done in the last 1,000 miles.

Car was sideswiped about two years ago and fixed professionally by a local body shop. (Driver side front door, rear door, and area between wheel and rear door.

Has small ding on front fender from I don't know what. Probably some jackass kid in my apartment complex.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's a great car. What are you expecting to get?

I'd say look at a 102k GT and do +/- a 1-2 grand. And prepare to be low-balled more often than midget bball.

Car mods are the worst investment in a car you can make. You will always lose a ton of money on them. Your ideal buyer is a guy who wants to do exactly what you have done to that car, which lowers the amount of potential buyers who'm might give you a high/good offer.

If you've kept the original parts, the best thing to do would be to revert it stock and sell the mods. In car world unmolested car >>> modded. People want to do the mods themselves, plus unless you've had a big name tuner do your car (for example a similar G8 on here has been built by RCR and might command a higher price) otherwise people will assume it's been done by Bubbah in his back-yard.

Sorry to sound negative, but your best bet would be to sell to someone who's a fan of G8's and knows all the ins an outs, who might best appreciate what you've done to it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
$12-13k if you sell it yourself. Maybe a bit more if you get lucky and find an enthusiast who appreciates your mods and has cash on hand. Financing a 10 year old car with 100k+ miles on it can be difficult. Trade in will be less than $10k. Closer to $8k if the accident shows up on the Carfax.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great car. What are you expecting to get?

I'd say look at a 102k GT and do +/- a 1-2 grand. And prepare to be low-balled more often than midget bball.

Car mods are the worst investment in a car you can make. You will always lose a ton of money on them. Your ideal buyer is a guy who wants to do exactly what you have done to that car, which lowers the amount of potential buyers who'm might give you a high/good offer.

If you've kept the original parts, the best thing to do would be to revert it stock and sell the mods. In car world unmolested car >>> modded. People want to do the mods themselves, plus unless you've had a big name tuner do your car (for example a similar G8 on here has been built by RCR and might command a higher price) otherwise people will assume it's been done by Bubbah in his back-yard.

Sorry to sound negative, but your best bet would be to sell to someone who's a fan of G8's and knows all the ins an outs, who might best appreciate what you've done to it.
No, you are totally right and I get it. I certainly feel the same way about finding stock and doing my own mods. And I never expected to get back what I put into it. I also paid a premium to get into a low-mileage car at almost $23k almost five years ago, so I was not expecting to recoup any.

Unfortunately, I do not have the option of un-modding for 95% of it.

I agree.

I feel if two years ago when I was in the market for one, I'd prolly make this offer. Since with the mods he's got I'd imagine those are 'hard' 102k miles.
I certainly have driven it to enjoy it, but I don't beat on it. Never been tracked or anything.

$12-13k if you sell it yourself. Maybe a bit more if you get lucky and find an enthusiast who appreciates your mods and has cash on hand. Financing a 10 year old car with 100k+ miles on it can be difficult. Trade in will be less than $10k. Closer to $8k if the accident shows up on the Carfax.
I guess that diminished value part of my insurance may come in handy after all 👎🏻

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Mine was a 09 G8 GT Silver 66430 miles on it. No mods. No dents...clean...no scratches. Good Interior. Parked on street. Hit and run by what we think was a snow plow or heavy piece of machinery. I got $19,200 from the insurance company as a Total Loss. This was last November. Made a really nice down payment on a 2015 Chevy SS.

Pompeo

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'll give you 2 bushels of corn and a case of my finest moonshine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts