Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the switchblade/Flip key fob (not sure why), I have two of the fixed non-flip fobs. Anyway, my rubber keypad is getting torn up. Can the same 4 button rubber pad be used between the two. I see Pace has a part number for it, but they all list it for the switchblade style.

Here is mine;

G8 Fob.jpg

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Your switchblade got recalled.

Parts for the fobs are real cheap on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see them there too. What I am asking is whether they use the same rubber pad though? Everything shows the switchblade style in pics. None have the style I have, but the rubber part looks identical.

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
Looking at mine, I can see that they are the same. I still have the original flip an fixed key fob versions an that touch pad is exactly the same. So even thou your pic shows the modified fixed key version (as per the recall from GM) its still the same push pad. But all 3 of my key fobs (2 flip an 1 fixed) will always remain in the original format.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

·
F1rehawk
709 Posts
Dorman 13682 is the one you are looking for. That's the one I used for my fixed blade.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you again.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, I've always wondered... I have 1 flip key and 1 fixed blade for my car. Is that how they came from the factory, or did they come with 2 flip keys?

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
One flip and one fixed blade keyfob from the factory. The recall eliminates the flip keyfob. Purchased a couple of the Dorman's on rock auto and including shipping they were less than one new General Motors pad.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just saw them on Rock Auto. So I will add that to my cart as I need to get a few things for the old beater van.

·
Board Lurker
201 Posts
The rubber pad as well as the whole transmitter portion are the same. The flip key or the straight key is the other half of the assembly that clips onto the transmitter portion. Just be sure to get the right rubber pad for your transmission.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts