Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 GT has arh long tubes, rotofab and dyno tune. Put down 350rwhp. The problem im having is off the line I see some g8's roasting tires with t/c off but mine doesnt do that. It just goes but feels sluggish.

When it was stock/new it would sometimes chirp 3rd but now not even a scratch 1-2. I thought it was torque management but it was tuned off completely when it was tuned.

Any suggestions? Could about 100-150lbs of audio stuff in the trunk cause this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're not that sticky. You have traction control off (the button on the console)? The weight in the back could be making a difference or you could have an issue. Did anything change since you dyno'd and what did the chart look like?
Yes traction control off when I try. Im also thinking the added weight in the trunk is pushing down on the tires adding traction. After the tune I got additional 50 rwhp. We were thinking the trans tsb with seals leaking could cause it maybe?

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 09 GT has arh long tubes, rotofab and dyno tune. Put down 350rwhp. The problem im having is off the line I see some g8's roasting tires with t/c off but mine doesnt do that. It just goes but feels sluggish.

When it was stock/new it would sometimes chirp 3rd but now not even a scratch 1-2. I thought it was torque management but it was tuned off completely when it was tuned.

Any suggestions? Could about 100-150lbs of audio stuff in the trunk cause this?
Mine is the same way with the mods in the sig and without the extra weight over the tires. I call it the rare AWD option... If you want them to spin warm up the car and play with it while the tires are cold.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I loved the OEM Potenza's and thought they were pretty sticky myself. They have a treadwear rating of 140 which is pretty low, meaning decently sticky. I kept buying them off guys on these forums getting rid of them to get better or wider tires until I couldn't find them anymore. I just bought a pair off here of Potenza 275/35/19's!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
. We were thinking the trans tsb with seals leaking could cause it maybe?

This wont effect taking off.... seals leaking is strickly a low rpm shift issue.... if your rpm is higher then its absolutely no issue at all....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This wont effect taking off.... seals leaking is strickly a low rpm shift issue.... if your rpm is higher then its absolutely no issue at all....
Today we had some warmer weather, around 70, I took off from my house, 1st to second nice 2nd to 3rd it flared about 1000 rpm once and didnt do it again for the rest of the day. I dont know what the hell is going on. If the seals are leaking shouldn't it flare everytime? :-(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Today we had some warmer weather, around 70, I took off from my house, 1st to second nice 2nd to 3rd it flared about 1000 rpm once and didnt do it again for the rest of the day. I dont know what the hell is going on. If the seals are leaking shouldn't it flare everytime? :-(
The common flare issue is temp related, once warmed up it shouldn't slip.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

its all related to the style and type of seals on the stator shaft located on the pump assembly. if you have a 09 is it possible you actually have the new seal setup but wouldnt know for sure until you take it apart... the flare is due to a lower pressure than expected due to leakage around the seals thus lowering your effective pressure. the warmer it is the better it will run to some extent, but if you really have a seal issue, then you would tend to expect a more consistent flare most of the time but will vary... the pump seal fix will help the most if you experience lower rpm flares going from 2-3... the lower the rpm you have the lower the pressure is due to the pump being a variable displacment pump ... higher rpm creates more pressure and flow.. and the blowby on the seals will not be enough to effect the higher rpm shifting cause there should be plenty enough pressure to work properly.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
To me it still sounds like a tune issue....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.