Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any decent dealerships in Maryland? Michelle from GM customr care said she's find me one but then PMed me she was having problems with reaching dealers in MD. But I think its more likly she just gave up after realizing there may be no good dealershps left in MD and was afraid to continue.

So I'm hoping maybe some of you know where my family and I can get our cars taken care of.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes it is sad. I have been using Winn Kelly in Clarksville because they are near where my wife works. They have been OK, but I have only needed minor warranty/recall stuff done.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm lucky that my car has been relatively trouble free because the few times that I have had to take it in to a dealership, I got no satisfaction from the local dealerships. I might try the Cadillac dealership near the Bay Bridge next time I need something done. Which is hopefully never.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depending how far you are willing to drive, Boyle Buick/GMC in Bel Air has been family owned forever and has among the best reputations in the area. Do a quick google search and you'll see they have a 5 star rating on Google which I have never seen before.

They have always been more than helpful in all of my family's dealings with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard Boyle was good, but I haven't been to the dealer in a while.

Guess your giving up on Bell, Jackalope ???

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've heard Boyle was good, but I haven't been to the dealer in a while.

Guess your giving up on Bell, Jackalope ???
I've given up on service from GM PERIOD! I've tried EVERY GM dealer around and they all are horrible! They'll sell you the car but then either won't or can't service it! Bob Bell install the LCA's on the wrong side and when I took it back to show them they said it was "ok" regardless of the fact that the LCA marked RH was on the drivers side and the one marked LH was on the passenger side. I had to swap them out myself and pay a local Good Year shop to align the car again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know you had problems when you first had them put in. What issues were you having after that?? I'll have to check mine the next time I put it in the air. Anything in particular I should be looking for ( issue wise ) ??

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you had problems when you first had them put in. What issues were you having after that?? I'll have to check mine the next time I put it in the air. Anything in particular I should be looking for ( issue wise ) ??
Not sure what you mean by "after that" I showed them the LCA's markings that proved they were on the wrong side and he wouldn't swap em to the correct side's. I had to swap them out myself and I took it back to Bob Bell to get it aligned up and the same tech after an hour said the car was "perfect" but on my way home the car pulled to the right so I drove to a local Good Year and had them re-align the car and had to pay for it out of my pocket when it should have been warranty work from GM.

As to what to look for the LCA's have an embossed part # and following that # is where it says LH or RH, make sure they are on the correct sides. If they are not you will see that the lower ball joints are twisted at an extreme angle to the point that if you hit a big enough bump they will bind up which will cause failure eventually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know of none.... I just know to avoid Ourisman in Marlow Heights.... my GT is forever scarred... or atleast until i get the funds to get things fixed properly....

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have always recommended Boyle Buick/GMC. Like said before they are family owned and have treated me and my family really good. Ask for Blake Boyle, the service manager.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As to what to look for the LCA's have an embossed part # and following that # is where it says LH or RH said:
She's due for an oil change and a rotate here soon so I'll have to check my arms while I have her in the air......

As for your problems, I remember when you had this done and the front end was "Jacked-Up", then you were back n forth with them on an alignment issue. I jus dont remember if we had discussed the arms being on the wrong side.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it sat like a 4x4 in the front and I'm sure that was why cause after I swaped em out and had Good Year do the bounce 3 times thing that GM says to do and re-torque and align the car it seemed to come down an inch and a half to inch and 3/4 even tho my newly installed Eibachs were only good for a 1 inch drop. But now she sits perfect IMHO and tracks like she did new! I just wish Good Year had been able to get the steering wheel 100% straight.

·
Coming in your rearview
105 Posts
I know that this dealership isn't in MD but I use Ourisman in Alexandria. I was provided with excellent service, almost as good of service that I used to get when I was stationed in Washington state. I live in Brandywine and orginally had tried Winegardner, THEY SUCK! I will never take my G8 back there for anything. Kinda sad fact there are only a few good dealerships around.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Before it was Ourisman, it sucked. I bought my car there and if you took your car in on a Sat. to get an oil change, it would turn out to be a 5 hour ordeal. I stopped using them partly because I moved and I use Rte. 1 Buick GMC down in Woodbridge and it is much better. When they did the change over to Oursiman, they canned about half the servie writers and brought new ones in that helped a bunch as they were fairly competent and actually worked.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know that this dealership isn't in MD but I use Ourisman in Alexandria. I was provided with excellent service, almost as good of service that I used to get when I was stationed in Washington state. I live in Brandywine and orginally had tried Winegardner, THEY SUCK! I will never take my G8 back there for anything. Kinda sad fact there are only a few good dealerships around.
U are so right about Winegardner, they suck big TIME!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts