Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a tv ad, but did you all know that GM offers a credit union discount to existing or new members regardless of where you finance? All G8s are included. Apparently even GXP, but list was last updated online in December so I'd reserve that statement until a dealer verifies. Dealer participation is voluntary, and not all will, but the meat of the program is "Supplier Pricing" for all members of a credit union on stock or ordered vehicles. Program is stackable with either customer cash or low rate GMAC financing and may even be compatible with other incentives (dealer cash, loyalty bonus, targeted lease incentive) https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/initPop.do?program=cud So, if you are not a member of a CU what's the most it'll cost you to become one, maybe a C-note deposit in a federally insured account? Nothing to lose and much to gain.

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
It's a pretty good deal. If I wasn't already a member of a military credit union I would totally take them up on it. My car is financed through my credit union and it can't be beat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had on dealer actually say I had to be a member of a CU to get the supplier discount, most of them in my area will usually match it without one, I just can't get them down to Employee price, at least without the dealer cash.

Maybe I should check out the local credit unions anyway....

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
Sounds like a tv ad, but did you all know that GM offers a credit union discount to existing or new members regardless of where you finance? All G8s are included. Apparently even GXP, but list was last updated online in December so I'd reserve that statement until a dealer verifies. Dealer participation is voluntary, and not all will, but the meat of the program is "Supplier Pricing" for all members of a credit union on stock or ordered vehicles. Program is stackable with either customer cash or low rate GMAC financing and may even be compatible with other incentives (dealer cash, loyalty bonus, targeted lease incentive) https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/initPop.do?program=cud So, if you are not a member of a CU what's the most it'll cost you to become one, maybe a C-note deposit in a federally insured account? Nothing to lose and much to gain.
Is the GM card compatible with this program? There have been times when Supplier Pricing was not compatible.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I told the dealer I wasn't going to join a credit union just to buy this car, and magically, the requirement went away... plus I negotiated down another $250 on top of that, and now I ended up with a sound deal.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I just refinanced my month-old G8 from dealer financing to a local credit union. The interest rate dropped from 5.00 percent to 3.74 percent. I'll save close to $1000 over the 48-month loan. Credit unions are definitely worth checking out!

·
Registered
681 Posts
The credit union bit is the way to go. I got a 3.99% interest rate on my auto loan through the CU. When I bought my GT they sent my info to finance through the dealership before I even went back and did the paperwork. Only one came back that would finance me and for ~11.5%. Three other banks that they pinged denied me (recieved letters in the mail notifying me). My FICO was really good too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts