Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congratulations to Charles!

While I would like to say it was a surprise to win this month, others have already called it a massacre. It’s true, it wouldn’t have been possible without support from some of the greatest people I have ever met, my friends at the Florida G8 Car Club www.flg8cc.com. Yes, it’s also true that I may have bribed them with BBQ, but who can blame me? My car is not the fastest, nor does it have the longest list of Mods, but for me, it’s not about all that, it’s about the friends I’ve made. There isn’t a nicer bunch of people that you could ever meet, and I consider them all my family. I’m sure many of you have found the same thing in your local G8 community as well.

Okay, enough of the speech… onto the car

This is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, White Hot, 6 Speed manual. While I have owned this car only a few months, my previous G8 was a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Black) that I bought new and put 106,000 miles on her.

Engine and Exhaust: LS3, GMPP Hot Cam 219/228 .525/.525 112 LSA, Rotofab Intake, LS7 MAF with 4” housing, Kook’s LTH, Kook’s HI Flow Cats, Magnaflow ‘hackback’ exhaust.

Tranny: 6 Speed Manual with Mantic Twin Disc Clutch, lightened flywheel (just installed 3 weeks ago, pulled out the McLeod Twin Disk Clutch), and a MGW Short Shifter

Tune: Chris Henry Super-Secret Late night special

Suspension: Pedder’s XA Extreme Coilovers

Wheels:
#1 Radengerie R10’s (3-piece, custom powder coated Titanium gloss) F 20x9 et25 245/35/r20 R 20x10.5 et35 285/30/r20
#2 TSW Donington (Matte Black) F 20x9 et? 255/35/r20 R 20x10.5 et? 285/30/r20
#3 Projekt K3 (polished and gunmetal) F 20x9 et32 245/35/r20 R 20x10.5 et35 285/30/r20

Body Mod’s: Rear window spoiler, Holden Commodore SV6 Taillights (Some pictures show the V6 taillights)

Future Mods? Airbag the Caddy! (Sorry, Pontiac is done for now!)

While some build there G8 for show, others for the straight line, I prefer mine in the corners. In the few months that I have owned her, she has been to an Auto-X (drifted most of the course, and ruined 2 new tires in a day), Dragstrip (12.9 on bald tires, 7 Cylinders, and no tune), and to the “Tail of the Dragon”. I drive my car daily, averaging 27-30k miles a year. She now gets 15mpg (was getting 11mpg).
Dyno Video: http://youtu.be/7kida0c4MDw
Auto-X Video: http://youtu.be/8o5gVMdeSM0
Tail of the Dragon Video: http://youtu.be/WLoUHsWG4Zc

And let's finish off with a Dyno chart, Dyno'd in the rain (Humidity kills HP!) 403whp/397tq
Thanks to everybody!

Congrats from the Mod Staff!

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pictures:

Sig Below is not Charles'

·
Registered
178 Posts
Beautiful car.
Would you mind letting me know what offset are on those wheels?
These are not VMR 710 on the pic? What are they and what size.
Just gorgeous!

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful car.
Would you mind letting me know what offset are on those wheels?
These are not VMR 710 on the pic? What are they and what size.
Just gorgeous!

The sig with the VMR V710's are mine. We are waiting for Charles to turn in his BIO and more pics.

All your question will be answered in due time my friend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well Done, your support is well earned! Charles is the epitome of a G8 club member! On top of having driven more miles in a G8 than most any other ??????? :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does your wheel setup rub in the rear with that 20x10.5 ET35, I'm looking at a set of wheels with the same specs

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does your wheel setup rub in the rear with that 20x10.5 ET35, I'm looking at a set of wheels with the same specs
Yes, it does rub a little bit, and I'm rolled... 275's instead pf 285's wouldn't be as bad.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice write up. Happy to be part if such a group! Even if I am slower then most! Lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
i like it i hope i will upgrade my GT to GXP 6MT next year this one is exaclty the combo i want. I dig Project K3 rims

·
2009 G8 GXP
446 Posts
Charles,
Beatiful WH M6 you got there.

I would really appriciate it of you could provide your input on the mantic you installed in your car.
Drivability
Pedal feel
Chatter
Supplier and cost
Customer Service
and any additional parts you needed to buy ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
92 Posts
interesting that the number of mods would even be considered a method of ranking ones G8. So I dont like the way Pontiac built it, so as many changes from the original mold the better! That just seems strange to me. my goal is to change as little as possible. I will also assume my views are in the minority on this website, but from resto mods popularity to original, the hobbys all over the map. I miss Pontiac (all years) almost all models except the ones that killed Pontiac off anyway. I still prefer stock when I can. 09 GXP 6M PB 5K but I confess to changing those crappy speakers.
congradulations on your win.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
28 Participants
j1620murphy
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing