Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I see your from Florida? I'm in Hobe Sound
SE Florida. You ran a GT UP TO A HUNDRED MILES? That's unreal . Congrats on your win.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, RIP. On Sunday, April 13th 2014 @ 3:54 PM, the car was totaled. I was about 30 miles from home when she lost power after a 450 mile drive from Atlanta. We had spent the weekend with our G8 family at the Georgia G8 Family Day @ Stone Mountain, GA.

the car was in a construction zone, no shoulder, nowhere to go. I called the highway patrol, told my family to abandon ship (so glad I did), and I spent 8 minutes flagging traffic down until an older lady not paying attention blew past me, and proceeded to ram into the back of my GXP at 65mph, never hitting her brakes. All of this while myself and my family looked on.

Since January of this year, the car had gone through a transformation, with Rick Crawford Heads, Cam, Intake, and TB. We also updated the driveline with Corvette C7 LT1 Clutch, Monster Flywheel, and a Camaro 1LE 3.91 rear diff with LPW Cover. Of course we can't forget the new DBA rotors, Hawk pads, and Russell SS brakes lines, and the Rear BMR Bushings, LCA's, etc... All less than a few months old.

Sad day indeed. My family was safe though, and that is what counts.

As for the car, 2 adjusters have viewed the car, and both have claimed it a total loss. While looking at the pictures, you may to yourself, the car doesn't look that bad, there is a lot you don't see, such as the front and rear subframes are bent, The engine does not sit straight in the engine bay, door gaps are all over the place, etc... She took a 65mph impact. She's tweaked in places you would not imagine.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, RIP. On Sunday, April 13th 2014 @ 3:54 PM, the car was totaled. I was about 30 miles from home when she lost power after a 450 mile drive from Atlanta. We had spent the weekend with our G8 family at the Georgia G8 Family Day @ Stone Mountain, GA.

the car was in a construction zone, no shoulder, nowhere to go. I called the highway patrol, told my family to abandon ship (so glad I did), and I spent 8 minutes flagging traffic down until an older lady not paying attention blew past me, and proceeded to ram into the back of my GXP at 65mph, never hitting her brakes. All of this while myself and my family looked on.

Since January of this year, the car had gone through a transformation, with Rick Crawford Heads, Cam, Intake, and TB. We also updated the driveline with Corvette C7 LT1 Clutch, Monster Flywheel, and a Camaro 1LE 3.91 rear diff with LPW Cover. Of course we can't forget the new DBA rotors, Hawk pads, and Russell SS brakes lines, and the Rear BMR Bushings, LCA's, etc... All less than a few months old.

Sad day indeed. My family was safe though, and that is what counts.

As for the car, 2 adjusters have viewed the car, and both have claimed it a total loss. While looking at the pictures, you may to yourself, the car doesn't look that bad, there is a lot you don't see, such as the front and rear subframes are bent, The engine does not sit straight in the engine bay, door gaps are all over the place, etc... She took a 65mph impact. She's tweaked in places you would not imagine.

Not to sound un-sensitive ....... but .....

........WHAT A F***EN BITCH..........

I hate people who don't pay attention on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice rebirth!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts