March 777
April 2126
May 1831
June 1536
July 1472
August 1915

Total to Date 9657

#2 ·
Employee pricing is gonna help with September! :) Thanks for the post!

#4 ·
I know I'm one of the 1915.

#9 ·
1 of 1915 here :)

#16 ·
You were told wrong.

Offer available on every 2008 GM vehicle and 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Cobalt, Equinox, HHR, Impala, Malibu and Silverado; Buick Enclave; Pontiac G5, G6, G8, Solstice, Torrent and Vibe; GMC Acadia and Sierra; Saturn AURA, OUTLOOK and SKY; HUMMER H2 and H3; Cadillac CTS, DTS, SRX and STS. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. Price not available with special GMAC finance and lease offers. At participating dealers only. Take delivery by 9/30/08. See dealer for details.

#15 ·
I read today on Car and Driver online that Holden is capable of shipping 3000 to 4000 vehicles a month. The reason this was brought up was that there are rumors of opening a U.S. assembly line but they mentioned waiting until 2 years just to make sure the interest stays.

#17 ·
The employee pricing are for 09's as well. I stopped by one of the dealers in my area tonight and none of the 09's have addendum's, However, the other dealer close to my house has them on the 09's.

The salesman I have bought from in the past called two days ago to let me know about the 09's and employee pricing.

Some dealers may not be passing the saving on just yet. Unless you ask them. Not sure they could get away with this, but who knows??

#18 ·
I'm one of the "x" amount for September and very happy with the car. This is my first post here and many more to come I'm sure. I need to read through the archives in order to avoid re-posts.

Looking forward to learning, communicating and enjoying this forum.

#21 ·
I picked up mine on 1 September, so I guess I call myself #1 of xxx in September.:)
Tate

#23 · (Edited)
nosbusa1500 said:
I stopped by one of the dealers in my area tonight and none of the 09's have addendum's, However, the other dealer close to my house has them on the 09's.
The Employee Price For Everyone (round 2) stickers only started arriving at dealerships on Thursday (the day you were out looking).

The package our dealership received didn't include any of the 2009 models that were not covered in the first round. So didn't get any for the G8s or Torrents or G6s in stock.

UPDATE
An additional shipment of stickers arrived today.

#24 ·
I see that sales of the G8 is increasing, but can someone fill me in on the exact numbers for the V6 and exact numbers for the GT? I was more curious on knowing the numbers separately.

Im pretty sure its extremely close to 50/50. With this being a muscle car that emphasizes burnouts, doughnuts, drag races, etc., the V8 is clearly the most popular, but i have seen a hell of a lot of G8 V6s on the highway(not saying very much). MPG isnt very far apart, but anyone that doesnt know or study cars very well(women :wall:) will instantly think to buy the V6 over the V8, instinctively because it has two cylinders less.

Anyone want to fill me in or point out a link to me?

#26 ·
They better sell a heck of a lot more than 20,000 per year. THere are over 2700 pontiac dealers in the U.S. at 20,000 that's less than 1 G8 sold per dealer.

#29 ·
Anyone seen the Wall Street Journal on Tue Sept 9 (marketplace section), an article called "Unpopular Models Slow Down GM"? They point out the G8 as one of the cars pulling down GM with only 1900+ cars sold in August, and specifically point out that this is less than one per the 2700 dealers. Basically they say it is a flop of sorts and that all the money spent on the advertising blitz early this year was all in vain.

One quote says "The G8 illustrates one problem that is often overlooked: The auto maker's line up contains vehicles that barely deliver any bang for the buck" - wow, every car mag says it is the biggest value for the dollar, obviously they have a bone to pick with the G8.

Not only that, but the WSJ fails to understand that the published annual forecast for the G8 was only for 20k to 30k cars per year, for the G8 which is 1666 to 2500 per month, and with gas going south, they are still above the 20k mark per year. The G8 was never intended to be a volume seller...

They even go on to say that Kia Motors sold more cars in August than pontiac, buick, saturn or saab. Also, that the Honda Element and Nissan Armada even sold more than the G8.

#30 ·
One quote says "The G8 illustrates one problem that is often overlooked: The auto maker's line up contains vehicles that barely deliver any bang for the buck" - wow, every car mag says it is the biggest value for the dollar, obviously they have a bone to pick with the G8.
I don't think they are saying that the G8 is not a good value. I think they are saying that it is not a good value for pontiac itself. If you look at their lineup they have several models G8, G5, Solstice that are not volume sellers. Yes these lines were never intended to be volume sellers. However, their is always a bigger cost savings with volume manufacturing rather than smaller batch productions. low volume lines usually depend on price premiums to make money or in some cases, just to break even, in addition to having public perception of a larger lineup/more choices.

#31 ·
As much as it saddens me to say, the G8 is probably not long for this world at GM. The G8 replaced a 130,000 unit a year car line in its heyday and I believe even the 2007 Grand Prix sold over 100K units (I need to find the data on this) A BIG chunk of the GP sales were rental cars but with the G8 being RWD rental car companies are less likely to pick them up at least in the same numbers.

I'd be suprised if the G8 makes it 3 model years with sales like this :(

#33 ·
Maybe some misconceptions with the G8 sales. As was mentioned above, and stated by GM, it was not intended as a volume sales leader, but more along the lines of a niche vehicle. It is in keeping with the credeo that Pontiac is going back to its roots as a performance division with emphesis to rear wheel drive cars. It also is in not even its second model year, with the first year being shortened by several months. And lastly, what media blitz? If you are talking about the relatively small amount of advertising done in February, BEFORE THE CAR EVEN WAS IN SHOWROOMS, then, yes, they aren't getting the bang for the buck. But, considering the overwhelming majority of the ads since then have been PRINT ads in national car mags, the sales figures that produced hardly merits a failure grade for return on $$! IMHO.:wink2:

#49 ·
I read the automotive section of the Wall Street Journal regularly. A lot of what Neal Boudette says makes sense, yet I would tend to agree with everyone on here that has gotten their ire up. Neal repeatedly voices opinion that GM needs to get down to about 4 distribution channels in the U.S. I would tend to agree with that analysis. The eight or so divisions is a throw back to an era when there was very little foreign competition. However if you look at GM today they are already very close to 4 divisions: Chevrolet, Pont/Buick/GMC, Saturn, Cadillac/Saab. With Hummer on its way out the door, that looks like 4 divisions to me. The old Grand Prix is still available in either the Buick Lacrosse, or the Chev Impala.

One thing I agree with wholeheartedly is that GM drifted way too long in terms of poor dealer service, confusing product portfolio, and over saturation on fleet sales. Who wants to buy a Grand Prix thinking it is something special only to see 100,000 units rolling around in generic form as rental cars? This doesn't make you proud to own one.

The shift to rear wheel drive is essential if the horsepower race keeps up. My 2004 GP, GXP was 270 hp and it was scary torque steer when you stomped on it. But for most people the high horsepower, rear drive cars will be considered niche.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.