Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more things change, the more they stay the same! For those of you holding out for the return of the 20% off MSRP, you need to keep waiting (as I have been warning since March). Incentives for August essentially haven't changed at all. The exception is that the Instant Value Certificate (IVC) program ended, and has been replaced by a Dealer Bonus Certificate (DBC) program, that seems to work about the same way. Stay tuned for updates!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm glad I jumped back in March. It seems the M6 cars will be gone before any real incentives hit. Autos will be plentiful relatively speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For months now I have been hearing rumor and wishful thinking from folks claiming that the 20% sale was making it's return and they are waiting for it. I work in Sales at a dealership, and I track the SS VERY carefully. I have been talking till I'm blue in the face correctly them, but many don't want to believe me. The incentives on the SS have essentially dropped ever since (now leveling off). Those of you who were able to take advantage of the 20% off in March really lucked out & you should be congratulated. For those of you who missed that opportunity, you have my sympathies. As of today, there are at least 699 SS's for sale nationwide, but only 211 of those are manuals. The manual transmission cars are selling at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1 compared to the automatics. Those who want a new manual transmission SS aren't going to have the time to wait for any potential sales that likely won't return until the weather gets cold (if ever). Silver Ice, Nightfall Gray, and Regal Peacock manuals are down to 7, 14, & 15 respectively NATIONWIDE! These will likely be gone within a month or so. The only color of automatic that is getting relatively rare is Regal Peacock. There are currently 32 of them nationwide (all other automatic colors are north of 50 units). We have an Orange Blast Manual with Sunroof & Spare at my dealership available for sale still, and it is 1 of only 33 nationwide for sale.

·
Board Lurker
201 Posts
I saw that 20% off thing on the day it expired, and seriously thought about it due the value that a final-year production will have for a limited-production car. It's been proven already with the collectible value of GXPs over the years and with Holden dissolving this car altogether, there's no promise to bring it back this time...
However the more I thought about it, I had to get to some harsh reality... the G8 was paid off a while back, I have a new auto loan for my truck that's at 0% so I am in no hurry to pay it off, and seriously should probably quit every forum I have joined if I ever expect to purchase a house.
I still slapped myself the next day when the 20% off was gone.

Now if you found me a white, M6, no sunroof... I can put off the home-buying a few more years...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that 20% off thing on the day it expired, and seriously thought about it due the value that a final-year production will have for a limited-production car. It's been proven already with the collectible value of GXPs over the years and with Holden dissolving this car altogether, there's no promise to bring it back this time...
However the more I thought about it, I had to get to some harsh reality... the G8 was paid off a while back, I have a new auto loan for my truck that's at 0% so I am in no hurry to pay it off, and seriously should probably quit every forum I have joined if I ever expect to purchase a house.
I still slapped myself the next day when the 20% off was gone.

Now if you found me a white, M6, no sunroof... I can put off the home-buying a few more years...
I'm not sure if this is good news for you or bad news. There are only 2 2017 SS with Manual and No Sunroof (neither have Spare either) sitting on dealership lots anywhere nationwide right now (1 in OH, 1 in OR). There are only 2 more that have been built & are in transit either (1 that will arrive at it's dealership in TX soon, and another bound for Redwood City, CA that just arrived at Benicia). Hope this information is useful!

·
Board Lurker
201 Posts
That one in Redwood City is awfully too close for comfort...
These are all Heron White?

·
Board Lurker
201 Posts
Pretty sure Heron White is the only white offered.
heh, I meant because in his response he didn't mention the color white and maybe he meant overall out of the few hundred left only 2 had manual and no sunroof.

Where is this information accessible to find these cars?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh, I meant because in his response he didn't mention the color white and maybe he meant overall out of the few hundred left only 2 had manual and no sunroof.

Where is this information accessible to find these cars?
I work for a Chevrolet dealership, so I have access to this thru an internal GM system. There is no public access to this information, and I have not found any public source so far that is as accurate or timely.

The numbers I gave were overall national numbers for what is out there AND what is in transit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts