Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of an auto transport company to ship my new G8 from Texas to Jacksonville Florida. I checked with Reliable and for the covered transport, it's about $1100. I like the idea of the covered transport since I don't want it getting beat to hell with rocks. However, if I save $500 on someone else, I will totally do it, they just have to be good.

The car has a spun rod bearing but does still run enough to move it. So any companies I should look into?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I only have experience with LTL carriers through work (no cars). Have you tried a less than load carrier or maybe let carriers bid on the job on Uship.com? I would think someone with an enclosed car trailer would jump at a trip like that....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went with WolfePack transport 2 years ago when I had my car shipped from Florida to CA. Check them out. Had a good experience with them

·
Turns left and right
221 Posts
I used Plycar when I bought my G8 and shipped it to NYS from Indiana. Tried U Ship for transporting my sons car to Oklahoma in January but went with Plycar again. They were cheaper and enclosed. Was very happy with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be careful about going with the lowest price if it's $500 cheaper than competitors. Covered transport is more expensive, but Texas to Florida is a pretty common route. $800 to $1200 sounds right for covered transport--I was quoted $1000 from San Diego to Louisiana from A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. last year--but that should be the high and low end. I'd eliminate the estimates outside that range.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Try posting on uship.com, it's like eBay for shipping companies. I'm currently using it to find a transporter for my G8 from MA to CA, just make sure you do your homework on the bidders before you pick one.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going with Uship since I was getting bids of $450-500 where as reliable and everyone else was in the $1200. The car showed up fine (just dirty since it was on the bottom and the last to come off). The driver was pretty on time and everything made for a smooth transaction. I didn't go with the lowest bid but the best rating/reviews of the low bidders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah you make the right decisions to ship the vehicle in an enclosed trailer it has expensive but you have the advantage your vehicle safely reaches their destination no road hazels, no damage tension, no scratch tension, the best option for luxury and exotic cars and I also suggest the enclosed carrier to ship the vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Thanks "emilymoore" :whistle:

·
F1rehawk
709 Posts
Thanks Emily for the obvious. Oh and also for bringing back to life a 4 year old thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts