Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My scanner is over 15 years old and can't be updated any longer so I am going to replace it.

What scanner is suggested for a novice garage mechanic who would only use it primarily on the G8 GT?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the INNOVA 3130 today but, no way to upgrade the software. To old.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any opinions on this one?

INNOVA 6100P OBD2 Scanner ABS SRS Transmission, Car Code Reader Diagnostic Scan Tool

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any opinions on this one?

INNOVA 6100P OBD2 Scanner ABS SRS Transmission, Car Code Reader Diagnostic Scan Tool
Hey there Oldpoop - I borrowed the Innova 5410 to confirm the PPM failure - seemed to work well and had quite a bit of functionality. Just checked the Innova site and it shows the 5410 is sold out. They have a 5610 but quite a bit more coin. I did not see the 6100p on their site - is this a new model? Would be curious to get your "take" if you try out the 6100. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
OP, I use a variety of scanners. Typically start with torque on android using a OBDLink MX interface. If torque does not pick off the code, then move to a Autel MaxiCheckPro. The autel has ability to read ABS/SRS codes, has done well on G8, Saab 9-7x, volt and astro van. If I should ever need more detail, I'll pickup a VXNANO which provided the same functions as a tech2.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered the Innova 5410. I'll provide some novice comments as soon as it arrives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts