Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with Mod Bargains today and looks like ill be ordering some Avant Garde m310 in hyper silver for my Sbm g8. 19/8.5et 35 and 19/9.5 et 43.

I was wondering what else i would have to order, TPMS? Locking Nuts? Hub rings?

If anyone knows if i need those, i would appreciate it if you let me know where i can buy some. Perfer chrome or silver Locking nuts!

Also would you go Hankook v12 or Falken Azenis for just street driving and comfort. 275 and 245 would be the tire sizes!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I would get TPMS, lugs, and rings.

Mcgards or gorilla are great for lugs. Rings you can get from DT or eBay. 72.6 to 67.1 TPMS, I'd suggest eBay as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
can you reuse the tpms from your stock wheels?
Lol, not sure if your askin him if he needs them still in his old wheels, but....

In general though, you can reuse them between different sets of wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does any one have a link to where i can buy tpms and lug nuts?

·
every village has one
2,322 Posts
Hubcentric rings can be ordered from Discount Tires website.
Check out Amazon for the Gorilla lugs.
Put out a WTB on the boards for the TPMS if you don't trust eBay sellers to have the right ones, but the a bunch that will work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I cant find Slim lugs (14 - 1.5) in the black anywhere.... Im ordering the same wheels, but black today. I have had all the same questions OP'er.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size lugs work good? And is there a specfic TPMS that works very well?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I cant find Slim lugs (14 - 1.5) in the black anywhere.... Im ordering the same wheels, but black today. I have had all the same questions OP'er.
I ordered black today too. I need lugs too....if you find a good place to order them point me in their direction

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Hey guys, I dont run the wheels in the OP, but I recently ordered some lugs from summit racing last week. Also got a set of locking ones too. Check these part numbers on their site. I know the order says black chrome but they are matte black and match my VMR 701's nicely. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Might have to get some new lugs, same wheel/same finish. Thanks, Troy!

Mmmmm...Mozarella sticks!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hey guys, I dont run the wheels in the OP, but I recently ordered some lugs from summit racing last week. Also got a set of locking ones too. Check these part numbers on their site. I know the order says black chrome but they are matte black and match my VMR 701's nicely. Hope this helps.

Thanks Troy. I'm about to order the same ones now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What size lugs are you guys using? And what brand TPMS?

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Just a heads up. The McGards that are mentioned a few times in various threads DO NOT FIT THE M310's.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/McGard-64024-Chrome-Black-Thread/dp/B0028090OC[/ame]

I had to return them to Amazon and pay a restocking fee. They are WAY TO BIG. The Discount Tire guys heckled me and asked if I bought lugs for an 18 wheeler.

Gorilla Locking Acorn style is what I am running now and they do fit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well good thing i order the gorillas! 14 x 1.5!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Agose, you have a link to the lugs? Also any links for TPMS?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
^ I reused my TPMS so not sure where to refer you? I did get some hub centric rings that I referenced a web site to in my build thread.

The Gorilla Locking set is part # 71643N, Acorn, 5 lug, 14mm x 1.5

Black Chrome is part # 71643NBC

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent an extra 4 bucks on amazon got the kit Agose just mentioned! The gorillas! But that extra 4 bucks i got the 6 wheel so ill have 4 extra lug nuts!

·
Registered
63 Posts
:judge:Morning fellas, I just got the 310's yesterday and I am waiting for lugs to come in. I ordered these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcg-84527/media/images

(Hope that link does not break sponsor rules)

Couple posts above said they dont fit... If this is true, there is still time to call and switch the order. This is my first set of wheels I have ever put on a car so I am a bit confused why these wouldnt fit? Is it the socket size around the lug?

Can someone provide a working link to the lugs that fit the best, and have great quality?

I just want to get these wheels on the car ASAP!!!!!

Thank for all the board help, helps ease the learning curve. :judge:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
If the McGards you ordered are the same as the Amazon link that put in my post above they will NOT fit. The link you provided is a kit and doesn't describe the style of lug. The Cone Seat Style is way too thick to fit into the holes. Even with the thinnest socket they had (Discount Tire) they would have scratched it all up. They brought me in the garage and showed me.

The Gorilla part #s above will work. Do your own search from whatever vendor has them to your liking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts