Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the final result from my posts over the last month or so about wheels, tires, sizes and such.

The wheels are Breyton GTF2's, 20X8.5 front and 20X10 rear. Tires are Vredestein Ultrac Vorti, 245X35X20 front and 275X30X20 rear.

They've only been on a few hours but holy crap what a difference vs. the stock 19 with Goodyear RSA's. Driving on the highway it feels like she's on rails, there's no "slop" in the steering anymore. I can only imagine how much fun they're going to be after they're broken in after a couple hundred miles and it's wamer out. Only low 40's right now so I'm not pushing them... for now.

So on to what everyone's waiting for, pictures! Yes, she's a little dirty right now but I cleaned up the wheels 'cause that's what this post is about. We've all seen MSM GT's ;)

The wife came out of the house to look at it when I was giving the wheels a quick wash and commented she didn't like the looks of the brakes. Oh I can fix that honey.... I can fix that. :) I'll have to measure later, but it looks like I've got about 1.5" of clearance between the wheel arms and the stock caliper so I'm hoping some 4 piston V's will fit in there.

It's amazing how much different the car looks... she looks as bad as she sounds now!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well done, I like them!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any chance for a picture from the rear for a view of the rear tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks i wanted to see how much the stuck out from the rear wheel wells. I like the look of them sticking out.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Looking good Bob! I like the different wheel choice, very nice against the msm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
744 Posts
Looks great! I like those wheels more and more everytime I see them - I want!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice choice ...:wink2:

·
Drives with wolves
900 Posts
REALLY nice wheels!! Yeah what is it with women and the brakes being visible.....my wife thinks they don't work if they are visible!?!?!?! I told her the more visible, the better cooling in hard use :D

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good choice .

·
Registered
996 Posts
Looks good. I think you should lower her a little bit though :wink2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't lower her, our driveway has an incline that the front end barely clears. If she had a splitter on the front it would be scraping ever time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice setup. Those wheels are going to catch a lot of eyes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks awesome. Similar to the TSW Thruxton's I had on my silver GT. Still considering that brand of tire for myself, but leaning towards Michelins. Vredestein's get great reviews though, especially for the price.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vredestein's get great reviews though, especially for the price.
yeah, the break in time is somewhere between 4-800 miles from what I've read from forum posts online. I'll probly email Vredestein and ask what they recommend. I drive about 125 miles to/from work during the week, and misc. around town so it might be a month or two 'til I can really cut 'em lose. I'll post up more info then.

But yeah, the reviews online are why I went with them. When the snooty BMW guys were saying they performed like tires twice their cost and were happy with them, I figured I'd go for it. And that was for the older Sessanta model. :drink:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts