Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
The Fuel-Cutoff on Decel can be tuned out if you like but why? It sounds good.
That's subjective, and completely depends on the mods on your car. If you have HF cats or headers, the DFCO can become more than obnoxious, and may need to be adjusted 'less' for the perfect balance.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
Talk about reviving a dead post ;) I totally agree that this is a completely subjective thing. I don't like it so much when I'm driving the car, but after following another G8board member I decided to keep it on.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Talk about reviving a dead post ;)
It was referenced from a very alive post... thus the only reason I did it. :wink2:

Aussie's post is often quoted by me when explaining DFCO since he said it so eloquently! I've stickied this thread for that very reason.

I have DFCO reduced by about 50% or so, still a burble on decel, but the snap, crackle, pop, and honestly "rude" rearwards noises are non-existant. To each their own. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Zep, how did you modify it? Mine could use a bit of a tune down.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
Shoot, I want to turn mine up! 'Course, I could use a louder exhaust first.

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
Honestly when listening to after market exhuasts on line i can't stand it. When i hear those same cars in person though it's like music to my ears! Can't wait to upgrade!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's subjective, and completely depends on the mods on your car. If you have HF cats or headers, the DFCO can become more than obnoxious, and may need to be adjusted 'less' for the perfect balance.

Especially if you have an m6. I recently put on a Solo catback and it gets old (the popping that is) shifting through the gears. I can't imagine what it'll be like w/ hfc.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I love it, sometimes I just can't get enough.

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
I heard a Mustang yesterday that was popping loud on decel! I don't think he had any mufflers at all cause when he took off from the light, I could hear it for a long time. Sounded beautiful, but I don't think I could live with that volume for long term.

·
2009.5 G8 GXP LRM 6M
179 Posts
My magna flow 16795 eliminates the front muffler and resonators which makes for some good popping. With the m6, the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts sound like a mortar going off. Even with cruise control on at 70mph, if you are on a downgrade at all she fires off 1 good round. You have to love it!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got it, love it, wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hear the pops when in manual mode and when driving up to the house I find myself in
4th gear and drop it to 3rd and give the pops over and over and love it love it.

I love the roughness of the Holden G8 GT.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can put up with popping when I hear the sound she makes under excelleration. It's a smooth pur on easy excelleration and an angry growl at wide open.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Some of you are trying to tune it away while I am trying for more. Nothing like opening the cutouts and letting her pop away! But like was said many times, to each his own....

·
Registered
655 Posts
i had this tuned out a while back because it was a litlte over the top and quite honestly, i was embarassaed by the backfires. but i def sufferd about an avg of 2 mpg. kinda sucks. i didnt know there different levels of setting it. intertesting. Zepcom, send me a PM too.

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
i had this tuned out a while back because it was a litlte over the top and quite honestly, i was embarassaed by the backfires. but i def sufferd about an avg of 2 mpg. kinda sucks. i didnt know there different levels of setting it. intertesting. Zepcom, send me a PM too.
Are you saying you lost 2 mpg by having too much backfires or too little?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts