Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I finally settled on a camera. COOLINT® CT-107B through Amazon. The housing is solid metal and heavy. The stud didn't line up with the centre plug above the lic plate. so a new 5/16" hole was made. I found that the twisted string line for my weed wacker fished the line through the stock trunk lid boot just fine. all lines hidden. works just fine .Now to have the radio programmed. I like this over others I have seen. The power wires are heavy like normal auto wiring. Not fine angel hair like some cheaper ones. Tapped into the RT side reverse wiring for power.

·
Registered
367 Posts
also, what's the consensus for power source for these cams? I'm not picky, just looking for easy and clean. Would prefer not to tie in behind the headunit, enough noise there already.
I plan to use the connector in the trunk by the factory amp. I'd like to try and find that connector's "mate" though so it's clean and secure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
also, what's the consensus for power source for these cams? I'm not picky, just looking for easy and clean. Would prefer not to tie in behind the headunit, enough noise there already.

I tapped into the rear backup sensor connector that is on the driver side of the trunk. There are two sources of power back there, one is powered with the key in acc or on position and the other is powered when the car is in reverse. I use the reverse power source for mine as I didn't want my camera always powered on. There is also a ground in that connector as well, so you can just run ground and power from your camera to that connector. I've been trying to find the female side of that connector for some time now to make it a clean connection, but no luck.

·
Registered
990 Posts
can someone tell me the exact location of this connector or a picture for backup sensors I am setting up a camera for my g8 and need a power source

·
Registered
44 Posts
So for those of you with Ver 8 stereos and who happen to have the jhp auto switch, did you also have to re-flash your head unit with their VIM module? I don't really care for the DVDs/appletv, just want to make sure that the camera works...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts