Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like part number 12600525 has been replaced by 12674588, but the pics of the 2 items appear different. Can anyone confirm that 12674588 comes as pictured below?

On the flip side... do I need this/can I even use this with ATI balancer?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I don't use them with the ATI.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't use them with the ATI.
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's even less important given my crank is going to be pinned.

One thing I read mentioned that the washer helps keep oil from seeping out, but that seemed a little far fetched or insignificant.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's even less important given my crank is going to be pinned.

One thing I read mentioned that the washer helps keep oil from seeping out, but that seemed a little far fetched or insignificant.
Have you looked into the Fluidampr? I installed one a month or so ago.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't really. And I already have the ATI balancer. I got the CTS-V version so I can bolt the supercharger pulley, when I'm ready.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Have you noticed a difference in the way the engine feels as it goes through the RPM ranges. I've thought about the Fluidamper when i do my cam change

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Have you noticed a difference in the way the engine feels as it goes through the RPM ranges. I've thought about the Fluidamper when i do my cam change
I honestly cannot say since anything new will feel "amazing." I also still need to change out a bad TPMS sensor and road force balance my wheels after my recent alignment due to changing a bad Koni strut insert and putting in new Mevotech control arms.

I just liked the concept and technical data behind it along with the lack of using rubber: https://fluidampr.com/engine-vibration/

It's also SFI 18.1 certified.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts