Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many in the rocky mountain area have had their ball joints and associated suspension parts replaced?

·
The Mustang dude
1,352 Posts
from what I've seen and heard the arms get replaced entirely instead of the ball joint. Personally I feel the joint is the real issue here and next time mine start making noise I'm gonna be looking into replacing the ball joint with something better than the OEM crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They replaced my front-passenger side arm when my car started shaking on high speed turns, but they didn't replace the rest. Then my warranty ran and it started happening again. Fortunately, the dealership took care of me, but only after I showed them the service bulletin and suggested they blew it by not finding this and replacing them all under warranty.

Meh.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I replaced all the LCA and radius rods myself with the "improved design" factory LCAs. I added whiteline suspension bushings before i installed them. My balljoints were fine, my drivers side bushings were shot. Also replaced the strut tower bushings too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I dont think the LCAs perform better...no real difference from the original's feel.

GM redid the LCAs to address problems with the boots cracking/splitting, and then having ball joints going bad from the lack of lubricant and the intrusion of dirt & gunk. I thought most problems ppl had was from the LCA bushing going bad on them.

Mebbe they increased the size of the ball joint a tiny bit, but don't quote me on that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts