Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in the elevator at work waiting to get up to the turbine deck, fellow behind me notices my Kooks sticker on the back of my hard hat. He asks what kind of ride I have, I tell him its an 08 Pontiac G8 GT. He says that's cool and proceeded to talk my ear off about his new(to him) cobalt. "This things all stage II, supercharged, manual, just a nasty fast car. I've yet to lose race, just the other day I tore up my friends 09 RT charger with a Borla" jokingly I said "excellent tale brother" which he didn't take very kindly to.

He was all sorts of bent out of shape over this and started spouting off how he would destroy my car, do they even make pontiacs anymore, yada yada. Mind you its myself, this guy, and about ten other people in the elevator. Going up five floors at a snails pace in a blizzard. So I told him "maybe one day we will run em if the time and place permit." He highschools me in front of almost a dozen people.. "I'm a 6 o'clocker meet me in the back of the parking lot" one of the elevator people says "oh you got to do it now bro, you totally got put on the spot" so I agreed.

We met up with his friends all around him and he's fast and furiousing me all "what speed you want to go? Wanna dig? Roll? **** bro ill even give you the hit or a car length up to you" so I told him "lets do a man's race.. neck a neck, you choose from where though cause I really don't care." So he chose a 45 roll. Deal. He followed me to the interstate, which is on the way home. Nice 1/2 mile long bridge.

This is what ensues, because i wasn't going to pass up this opportunity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ResthhRxxE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The clunking is a combo of my struts/ the grating **** on the interstate.

Best part about it is today I see him, all he says was "dude I didn't think your car was anything, but as soon as we went, all I heard was race car. I see why you were so nonchalant the entire time we talked." All I said was "hey its all good, we should fun run again this fall when my cam and supercharger are on"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
LMAO! The whole time I was reading, I was thinking... This is EXACTLY why I moved on from my 07 SS/SC.. Younger crowd.. The Turbo Cobey's are pretty sick with few mods, but still wrong wheel drive. Good job putting him in his place though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ya....goes good with my Sunday morning coffee. Our cars are pretty darn fast. I had a BMW M Roadster for years.... It was really quick up to about 90mph...I mean really quick stoplight to stoplight....but hit a brick wall after 90. Sold it and got the G8GT and this thing pulls just as hard at 90 as it does at 40mph. Love the low down torque....my BMW you had to rev it up. I really like my G8 since I did a CAI, axle backs and Cortex tune.....before that...it was just OK, now it roars like a lion.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sounds fun man! I just can not get over how bad your struts sound? How many miles on them? I have 95k and mine feel great. Not a new car but no writers noises!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Awesome! Love reading these stories anytime!

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Nicely done OP! Love these types of stories, way to represent the G8 community!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I laughed out loud at how fast you blew by him. Poor guy. that reality check probably crushed his ego, lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
106 Posts
I laughed out loud at how fast you blew by him. Poor guy. that reality check probably crushed his ego, lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I agree! He had a little jump out of the gate (he probably chose his ideal speed to start) but still you walked by him like he was sitting still! NICE kill and way to put a ricer in his place! Waaaaaayyyyyyy too many videos going up on Youtube about how "awesome" SS Cobalt's are!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds fun man! I just can not get over how bad your struts sound? How many miles on them? I have 95k and mine feel great. Not a new car but no writers noises!
92K on the stockers. My rear GSR from pedders finrallu arrived the other day so my street II kit will be on this week.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
241 Posts
VVS noooooo! Please hold your phone sideways next time. It makes the videos easier to see.

With that being said, he got the jump and then you flew past him like he was standing still. Did he spout some BS about missing a shift or something? Make sure you tell everyone you beat him by several bus lengths.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VVS noooooo! Please hold your phone sideways next time. It makes the videos easier to see.

With that being said, he got the jump and then you flew past him like he was standing still. Did he spout some BS about missing a shift or something? Make sure you tell everyone you beat him by several bus lengths.
Hard to hold sideways and honk off and keep him in the camera and watch the road lol. His buddies saw it happen. He was humble in defeat.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Nice. Great story.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Aside from the Michael J Fox camera work good runs.

My grandfather has Parkinsons, I'm not insensitive... i see regularly what the disease does... that's why he doesn't hold camera's or race Cobalts. lol

·
every village has one
2,365 Posts
If he was cool about it, you have to give him that.
He'd almost have to be, though. How many excuses would you have to make up to cover that much ground??

·
Registered
596 Posts
92K on the stockers. My rear GSR from pedders finrallu arrived the other day so my street II kit will be on this week.

Hate to clutter the thread, but how sudden did this problem happen? Was it pretty gradual or did it suddenly take a crap. I have 95k and would hate to be forced to replace the stuts before funds allow for a better quality suspension.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aside from the Michael J Fox camera work good runs.

My grandfather has Parkinsons, I'm not insensitive... i see regularly what the disease does... that's why he doesn't hold camera's or race Cobalts. lol
I lolled real hard, but felt bad momentarily

If he was cool about it, you have to give him that.
He'd almost have to be, though. How many excuses would you have to make up to cover that much ground??
He was. He was astonished by the gains from just a full exhaust. No excuses, he took defeat like a man and that's respectable in my eyes.

Hate to clutter the thread, but how sudden did this problem happen? Was it pretty gradual or did it suddenly take a crap. I have 95k and would hate to be forced to replace the stuts before funds allow for a better quality suspension.
Its been like this for about 40K miles. Its bedn gradually getting worse. My suspension installer has the replacements for all four struts waiting to add the pedders bits on with everything so its a one and done situation. I would reccomend talkin to bmr, rob at wretched, or greg at pace about getting some parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know ALARA !

HP nice trade. Heres to keeping all the Rad workers safe.

I work around some Westinghouse sites.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts