Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -- Will be back at Bandimere on July 31st for Club Clash -- Bracket racing with the GXP. May also have the 10 second T/A with us.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump -- anybody in Denver Metro interested????? Next Friday, 7/31

·
Registered
191 Posts
As usual, I would like to go. I just need to see if I can make the time.

Is this standard NHRA rule racing? IOW, I don't need a helmet with a 14.7 sec car?

Scott

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi -- Yes, it is standard NHRA rules, no helmet needed if the car is 14.0 or slower.

The gates open at 3:00, time trials usually run from 3:30 - 6:30ish -- if you are there by 5:00 you should be able to get 2 times trials, after 5:/5:30 you may only get 1.

Our club is currently sitting in 3rd place out of about 40 clubs.

Let me know if you are going to make it. I will PM you with my cell number, you can call or text if you have any questions.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey -- Anybody else coming?????

·
Registered
346 Posts
Probably not coming. What does your GXP run up here? 6000 ft really takes the fun out of racing for me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi -- The best so faf is a 14.2 ET, and MPH is just over 100. Not to bad for completely stock at this altitude. We'd like to take it dow to Pueblo sometime -- Do you ever get down there?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bandimere is usually 8000+ altitude density in the summer. Not good for a normally aspirated car. Pueblo might be lower, but I bet Vegas is lower than Pueblo.

LVMS has midnight racing on Friday's for only $10 entry fee. Maybe a road trip is in order.

Good luck tonight jlasti. I still don't know if I can make it, but you will be the first to know if I do.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Road trip would be fun. We'll have to see..... Maybe see you later. I am on my way out the door from work. Text or call me if you have questions....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys -- missed y'all! That's OK, we got rained out & the GXP stayed home. It will be back to the track for the All-Star Chevy weekend on the 22nd & 23rd of this month though. Let me know if anybody is interested in going for that weekend -- even just as a spectator or show participant. Anything with a chevy body or that is chevy powered is welcome. TTYL

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was not able to wrap things up here on Friday until 6. Watching the Live Scoring, it looked like you ran a 10.4 @ 133mph in the TA. That thing has some serious power. That was with a 7400 ft. DA.

On Saturday evening I went up to Bandimere, but the racing was all done. I ended up staying for the truck pull in the south parking lot. I was one of about three people at that event with shorts and sandals. Felt a little out of place.

Hopefully I can make the next event.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi ScottE -- that was me! The TransAm pulls hard, and is a blast to run. I don't remember the actual Horse Pwer number, but I know it is in the upper 700's to the rear wheels. We are thinking of possibly do a few more mods and shooting for 9's next year.

You should've texted me when you were there for the truck pulls. We were there too. We stayed at the track the whole weekend. My husband was in the final 6 for the Deisels, and then we also competed in the Truck Fest events on Sunday.

We had a good time -- Hope to see others there sometime!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a bump on this page --

Back at Bandimere tomorrow night for Club Clash -- 9/11
Then again on 9/25 & 10/2.

Hope to see others there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts