Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting bc coilovers and was wondering if you need to get new bushing or if you can use your stock ones

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can use stock ones but they will most likely be shot. Might as well use the poly ones

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know a lot of people have been posting about bc coilovers but I'm 70/30 on them right now. Ordered mine a couple days ago but it will take a couple weeks to get the 9k/12k springs in and assemble the coil overs so they're gona call me when they're ready so I can pay for them. I hear so many mixed stories about the installs and it makes them sound like an absolute nightmare...anyone have any input that might help make me feel better about spending $1300 for coilovers and strut bushings only to have loads of problems with them? Helped greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know a lot of people have been posting about bc coilovers but I'm 70/30 on them right now. Ordered mine a couple days ago but it will take a couple weeks to get the 9k/12k springs in and assemble the coil overs so they're gona call me when they're ready so I can pay for them. I hear so many mixed stories about the installs and it makes them sound like an absolute nightmare...anyone have any input that might help make me feel better about spending $1300 for coilovers and strut bushings only to have loads of problems with them? Helped greatly appreciated!
I too was worried for the same reasons. The problem is you read too many stories from people being negative. They are easy to install, for a coilover. I mean there is some work to get them on but its a car, its supposed to take a little work. I have the same spring rates and my car is 100% better after install. They are awesome. Have fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome thanks man really appreciate it feel 100x better. So all you needed extra was the front strut bushings and bearings? Also, did you need camber kits? I'm gona be running 19x8.5s all the way around and plan on lowering enough to get rid of as much wheel gap as possible if not all of it so not sure if going that low will require anything extra. Thanks for your input. Ur car looks nasty btw

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'm just scared of a ride that will change drastically. I have Teins on my other car and the ride is smoooooth. Hoping for the same no matter what system I go with on the G8.

·
Addict
222 Posts
Just Got my car back yesterday. I bought basically the BMR complete bushing kit, minus the control arm bushing since i had already gotten them recently. The BC kit came with strut mounts and bearing. I asked the shop to use the BMR bits instead.

Car is currently set to the max settings on the adjusters. Feels great in corners and such but clearly not meant for this setting to be used on the street. even the slightest imperfection in the road and the car feels like its on the worst built and maintained road ever created. will be adjusting this later today i think.

I think the BC Racing Coilovers and the BMR bushings are a great combination. I had pedders bits prior to this and it doesn't really compare at all. i highly suggest this combination.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do we need camber kits or anything else other than the coilovers and bushings/bearings when lowering this much??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Phil were are you located in Chicago. I would love to find someone near the Ann Arbor, MI area that has coilovers on so that I can see how the car rides. My family is in Naperville. I'll probably be back this summer. I had a 00 Grand Prix before that I put Eibach Springs on . I loved the ride and cornering, but my wife hated the changed ride (it was a bit more rough than stock) I believe for this reason I want to go with coilovers to lower my G8, but haven't ever been in a car with them. I just read that the car can be low and mean and drive like stock (or a bit more aggressive if I like)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with their ride height being uneven? I don't get it I have everything set and my back right is always sitting lower than my back left. I have aftermarket bmr sway bar kit but don't think that should really matter too much. Not sure if I maybe have a bad bushing somewhere or if this is normal. But if it's not normal I want to fix it like yesterday. I'd appreciate the help because I'm stumped

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
which spring rates are you guys going with? 7 or 8k fronts?

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
is any one HAPPY with the BC's? I have Megan's and HATE the rear dampening (I think the left one might be blown already). It's bouncy

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just ordered mine from Marylandspeed with the 9k/12 setup and the whiteline bushings and bearings, so well see

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard 9k was too stiff for the front and 12 for the rear is good. I went with the 8k/12k setup and I'm pretty happy. Definitely makes the car drive the way it should and the looks are so mean. I get compliments all the time about how mean and aggressive it looks. Just for some weird reason the back right sits lower than the back left. But oh we'll I'm over it

·
Registered
188 Posts
I too just ordered the BC with the 9k/12k springs from auto agenda!! Hope to have them in a couple of weeks........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts