Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the dilemma. The Vmr wheels are nice and look amazing the issue is that they are way pricey and way to common. Specially being stationed in Europe shipping itself is 600 dollars. Cutting to the main point anybody ever owned or heard positive on the BE by Breyton GTs- AV wheels. Similar look just not the same finishes. Any input? Advise? Comments? Critiquing ?

·
Registered
933 Posts
You'll find that style has a LOT of subtle differences but generally all look the same. Breytons are decent wheels and unless you're doing racing where every lb counts most will weigh the same and perform the same.

note: I'm not a "wheel guy", it's just my feelings based on reading tons of forums. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob, I agree with the weight but also the look of car has to be a bit more personalized. The weight is not bad. I appreciate you input

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
See my thread from a few days ago. GTS-AV look great and weigh only 24 lbs....... 3 lbs per corner less than a GXP OEM wheel. Plus they are half inch wider.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
When you say "way too common"? Where are you referring? I ask because if you think about this site, this car and car customizing IN GENERAL...it isn't all that common. I have yet to see a G8 in person with custom wheels although I'd say in the DC area, I commonly see G8's (which seems to be an exception to the rule compared to other areas...except DFW).

Although I completely understand where you're coming from, you might be hard pressed to find the exact combo riding around near you. I'd just like to offer up that food for thought.

·
Registered
933 Posts
VMR 710, VMR 718, VMR VB3 CSL, Avante Garde M310, Eurosport Monza, TSW Nurburgring... and that's just from one site.

ASA AR1, ASA GT5, Avarus AV8, Axis XMX, BBS CH-R, etc... etc... Yes, they look a little different, but they are close enough were it's hard to tell them apart.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing mind you. Some people can look at a wheel and know exactly what it is. But some of us like to stand out and be different. :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
But somewhere out there is another silver sedan with gunmetal Breyton GTF2's. lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Possibly, I know there's another member that has them but is car is white. Kinda like the Camaro wheels: They look good, but so many people have them it's silly. :)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
If you think VMRs are expensive, the Breyton price tag is a little more (from what I have seen).

I had the GTS-AV staggered as a winter setup a few years back. They are indeed nice and light wheels, with brembo clearance. (got them from a GXP owner)

It's hard to be different all the time, especially when we are so limited with what fits, but it can be done :).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me personally I original stuff and do my own style. I have been in search of rims for a while yet nothing has caught my eye. I have seen the VMR wheels very common. I like the setup look and everything. Yet I like to stand out. Kind of impossible with many of them rolling in the states. Yet in Germany where I live there are only 3 a white, silver and orange. I ask for input and don't mean to critize any ones style or preference. I ask for input on these wheels I have owned the car for less than 2 yrs and been deployed for one so now I get to add some aftermarket stuff to it. Thanks for the input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts