Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to post pictures

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those non local guys checking in . Check out wben am 930 on tune in radio app or #buffalosnow if you do twitter for pics and comments.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More than usual . This is the first time we had it where our state plows are getting stuck. Even snow mobiles can't get through it.

They are seeing around 2 to 5 inches an hour

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
More than usual . This is the first time we had it where our state plows are getting stuck. Even snow mobiles can't get through it.

They are seeing around 2 to 5 inches an hour
Guess you were not around in 77. When the guard brings the tanks out to drag cars from the streets, let us know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm so glad I left northern New York.

I remember some years back Oswego got 11 feet of snow. Yea not a fun time.

I don't miss shoveling or snowblowing. And cars are takin by rust and no longer investments but more disposable.

So glad I'm not there anymore.

Stay warm stay safe to those of you that have to travel and deal with that crap!!!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Waiting for Zepcom to chime in and tell us how good his snowtires perform. LOL

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
waiting for Zepcom to chime in and tell us how good his snowtires perform. LOL
Lol. He's not to far from me and no word yet I see.

I'm in Amherst n.y, which is just north of where all the action is. I drive 12 minutes south and it's hell.

Thanks for all the well wishes gang. We have a round 2 coming our way , so more snow is expected. 6 or 7 people have died. One guy got crushed in between 2 cars trying to push a car and died. Another was found buried in his car , so sad.

Yes the blizzard of 77 was grand and I was born a year later , so I missed out on that one. Seen enough pictures though.

Well I think the next time you guys read a post from me ,I'll be Florida or Vegas : )

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I sort of remember the 77 blizzard. I already moved to the capital district. The national guard was called out to Buffalo but only their tracked vehicles could move and their bulldozers kept crushing cars that were left and buried in the snow.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
National guard is on its way for the south towns now

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are saying another 2 or 3 feet coming. Crazy. I'm getting thunder snow right now

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I can see all gray sky south of us right now ... I just got back from Orlando and drove park n fly from Detroit 94E last night. Just beat rush hour out of there and with a bit of greasy snow, a semi hit the ditch on 94 W by the airport and the back up went for 13 miles. There were 4 vehicles ditched from Sarnia east on the 402 from icing in the right lane. Hang in there WNY crew and stay safe and warm indeed. Every second person that we talked to down there was from New York State.

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
Just looked at pictures of snow at Buffalo. It's unbelievable the amount, hope zepcom and others are ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts