Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Be safe and warm my fellow w.n.y guys

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  pony killer 
#1 ·
Feel free to post pictures

#2 ·
For those non local guys checking in . Check out wben am 930 on tune in radio app or #buffalosnow if you do twitter for pics and comments.

#4 ·
More than usual . This is the first time we had it where our state plows are getting stuck. Even snow mobiles can't get through it.

They are seeing around 2 to 5 inches an hour

#6 ·
Guess you were not around in 77. When the guard brings the tanks out to drag cars from the streets, let us know.

#5 ·
#8 ·
I'm so glad I left northern New York.

I remember some years back Oswego got 11 feet of snow. Yea not a fun time.

I don't miss shoveling or snowblowing. And cars are takin by rust and no longer investments but more disposable.

So glad I'm not there anymore.

Stay warm stay safe to those of you that have to travel and deal with that crap!!!

#9 ·
Waiting for Zepcom to chime in and tell us how good his snowtires perform. LOL

#12 ·
#15 ·
waiting for Zepcom to chime in and tell us how good his snowtires perform. LOL
Lol. He's not to far from me and no word yet I see.

I'm in Amherst n.y, which is just north of where all the action is. I drive 12 minutes south and it's hell.

Thanks for all the well wishes gang. We have a round 2 coming our way , so more snow is expected. 6 or 7 people have died. One guy got crushed in between 2 cars trying to push a car and died. Another was found buried in his car , so sad.

Yes the blizzard of 77 was grand and I was born a year later , so I missed out on that one. Seen enough pictures though.

Well I think the next time you guys read a post from me ,I'll be Florida or Vegas : )

#17 ·
National guard is on its way for the south towns now

#18 ·
They are saying another 2 or 3 feet coming. Crazy. I'm getting thunder snow right now

#19 ·
I can see all gray sky south of us right now ... I just got back from Orlando and drove park n fly from Detroit 94E last night. Just beat rush hour out of there and with a bit of greasy snow, a semi hit the ditch on 94 W by the airport and the back up went for 13 miles. There were 4 vehicles ditched from Sarnia east on the 402 from icing in the right lane. Hang in there WNY crew and stay safe and warm indeed. Every second person that we talked to down there was from New York State.

#20 ·
Just looked at pictures of snow at Buffalo. It's unbelievable the amount, hope zepcom and others are ok.

#21 ·
Orlando , wish I was there now : ) thanks FMQ ! For those south of me , they are in a lot of trouble.

Zepcom is out of town and not sure if he got much. He's not far from me and I got very little. There's a couple other members here that are in the south towns and no word from them yet. Have some family out that way and although they are stuck at home ,they are safe.

We are at 8 dead,mostly from heart attacks. It's still coming down but don't think it's as heavy. I went for a few minute drive to see if I could get far enough to check it out but not get stuck. I didn't get far before the roads sucked . It wasn't snowing and it wasn't incredibly deep but the roads where plowed like crap and didn't seem like they were salted ,so I turned around and headed home.

Safe driving everyone!

#22 ·
Anyone know someone who had to leave their G8 on I-90?
From the list the Thruway Authority posted of vehicles they dug out.

2008 Pontiac G8 (Grey) BVR3878

They can get it back here
Corner of Potter Road/Orchard Park Road and Slade Avenue (716) 823-9203

#23 ·
Hmmm. Don't think I know the owner but I do recall detailing a grey g8 a couple years ago for a dealer I worked for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.