Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't drive your G8 thru any puddles folks... be careful and stay safe!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is it just Boulder right now ??? How about the other side of town down around Parker ??? I have an aunt that lives out that way and some friends in CoSprngs...need to check up on 'em...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's up and down the whole front range. Boulder to Lyons seems to be the worst though. It's bad - roads are washed away and/or under feet of water. All the creeks and rivers are raging. I've never seen flooding like this before.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The Springs is having issues too....
I drove I-25 and E-470 today...lots of standing water and water running across the roads.
Castle Rock is good to go today...another day of this and who knows.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
That sucks gang. Stay safe.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Keep seeing the devastation on the news. How are you Colorado guys holding up ?

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hunkered down at home in Longmont - luckily my neighborhood is above water but just a few blocks down they are under water. It's devastating to see the widespread damage, like a war zone. Military helicopters buzzing around that are rescuing thousands that are stranded just 5 miles from here (Lyons, entire town destroyed and evacuating). Humvees everywhere helping with rescue and patrolling dangerous areas. And the rain started up again today....
It's really bad. My thoughts & prayers are with all those who are affected by this disaster.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Thats an absolute shame. So sorry to hear. Yea, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people effected. I hear its not over yet .

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Im doing fine in castle rock....work up in Aurora , and all the flooded intersections and tore up pavement have messed with how i get to work.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have been affected ...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have listened to my own advice not to drive thru puddles... well I didn't really have a choice. Headed to birthday brunch and hit a hidden pothole under water and completely blew out my right rear tire today. Of course, no spare. I do have an electric pump but after pumping air and turning it off I could hear air blowing out of a hole I couldn't see. I had to get towed to Discount Tire (not open Sundays and no other tire place had my size tire). I just hope I didn't bend the rim - looks like I'm going to get an extra rim to put the other rear tire on for a spare. The rears were just getting to the ware-bar so I essentially need new rears anyways but this was unexpected and a pain in the ass - and on my birthday ;-(
Oh well, this is nothing compared to all those who are really suffering right now so I'll stop whining....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I should have listened to my own advice not to drive thru puddles... well I didn't really have a choice. Headed to birthday brunch and hit a hidden pothole under water and completely blew out my right rear tire today. Of course, no spare. I do have an electric pump but after pumping air and turning it off I could hear air blowing out of a hole I couldn't see. I had to get towed to Discount Tire (not open Sundays and no other tire place had my size tire). I just hope I didn't bend the rim - looks like I'm going to get an extra rim to put the other rear tire on for a spare. The rears were just getting to the ware-bar so I essentially need new rears anyways but this was unexpected and a pain in the ass - and on my birthday ;-(
Oh well, this is nothing compared to all those who are really suffering right now so I'll stop whining....
Man, sorry to hear it; I hope everyone makes it through OK.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I got 4 wheels and tires in c-rock....2 are bald, and 2 are near the wear bars...let me know

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just sent PM, wyome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts