Pontiac G8 Forum banner

bent valves on V6

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Les 
#1 · (Edited)
Long story short, while changing spark plugs one broke and pieces of the porcelain shell fell into the engine. I thought I vacuumed all pieces out but I missed a piece. No compression on 5 and 3.

230k miles and the engine was still running strong.

Ordered a used engine with 108k that will arrive tomorrow. Today I begun removing the old engine.

I wish I already had ordered the headers, this would of been the perfect time to put them on.

Any helpful hints?

#4 ·
It makes a little more sense now. Was looking over in the parts for sale section and a thread mentioned you replaced the engine on a V6 G8. Unsure how much your used engine cost, but at one point, new ones were running slightly over $4,000 but that was quite a while ago. Best of luck on the repairs and getting her back on the road.

#5 · (Edited)
Total cost for the engine including shipping to my front door was $1025. The engine had the exhaust manifolds but I had to switch over my alternator, starter, power steering pump and A/C unit.

#8 ·
Nice work, i plan on getting a new engine to do it up, bore and port, stuff like that. I'm at 178,000kms on my V6.

Reactions: mrathell
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.