Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of recent upgrades, my level of cautiousness has risen and an now in the market for a car alarm.

I used to have a Clifford alarm on m previous Mach 1. Are those still top dog?

What are the ones you guys are using?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I don't have a ton done to my baby and rely on the stock alarm that comes with the car. Really in the end ,if the thief wants the car bad enough, he can get at it. Don't mean you wont get her back ,it would most likely be pretty man handled if they jacked your ride if they go for parts and not go for the whole car ,like a sub box or amp . Chances are you won't see them again. If you got a lot invested ,I guess a security camera might work. I haven't looked at the technology in quite a while . I remember this suv a guy had. He had a ton of money invested in audio equipment and had a security camera. Installed that rotated. That and maybe low jack and bullet proof glass might be effective.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbHnLSasfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This may also help. I also remember a guy who was at this iasca sound off and had a big ass snack just chillin ,wrapped around his steering wheel . He had a bad ass car. His stereo was taken apart and built into his rear view mirror. Had a little window for the sensor to read the remote for the stereo.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Viper is probably the most well known alarm currently and they have some pretty awesome alarm systems. I've also had compustar in the past and have liked it quite a bit especially the range.

In the end it really comes down to how much you're willing to spend and how much security you want. There are some pretty high end alarms that have GPS and cell phone integration. For sure get a 2-way system as then you know if something is going on with your car, but then you're limited to the remote range. If you get an alarm that works with a cell phone and you pay the monthly / yearly fee, then you can have notifications sent to your phone, track your car through it, and do remote functions through your phone such as remote start, unlock, lock, window controls, and whatever else you have installed.

I asked someone awhile back what they paid for their viper alarm + installation in the g8 and they said it was right around $1k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts