Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a relatively new GXP with new wheels and some other mods, soon will have a lil engine makeover (headers, cam, etc) Im starting not to like the wheel gap and I want to lower. Springs are obviously easiest but I want to be able to adjust based on things like track days, normal DDing and winter/higher height. The other big deal with the coils is I want to be able to stiffen at the track.

What would you guys recommend as the best bang for my buck? I might have a good deal on Megans but not sure how they rate among G8 guys. Other suggestions?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thats what im askin lol what are the best value?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pretty much what rob said. You can find at least 3 threads on this board that goes into detail about the different coilovers out there. But a quick run down of the main coilovers.
Peddler super car $$$$$ but top of the line. Best quality, ride, performance etc...
Peddler xa $$$ good quality, great customer service and support.
Bc racing $$ about 1 step lower than xa, some argue they are equal. Pretty good support.
Megan racing $ lowest satisfaction. Can still be a good product but never know what your going to get.
IMO bc has the best bang for the buck right now. Can get bc's for 1000.00 with poly strut bushing and new bearings and can pick your spring rates.
If you could get some xa's while they are on sale 1200-1300

Its really all up to you. But if I had a gxp I'd be more patient and try to by the best cause I tend to buy cheap and usually regret it sooner or later.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the info!
Any suggestions on the spring rate?

·
Registered
116 Posts
From what I've found 8k front 12k rear, originally they came with 7k front, 9k rear. But again personal preference and intended use come into play. I want a stiffer lowered ride that I can put 5 people in the car and not worry about hitting bump stops. Also good for auto x. Not sure how the stiffer set up would do at the drag track tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts