Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to do a new set of OEM (parts from GM only) rotors & pads on my GT in the next few weeks. I've been searching around online, but can't really decide who to buy from. Should I just go to the dealer and order them? Or is there a reputable vendor that I can get genuine GM Parts from? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just changed my stock pads and front rotors with ACDelco Professional Durastop ceramic pads, and ACDelco Professional Durastop rotors.
Ordered from amazon, parts arrived in genuine ACDelco boxes with no issues. I believe these are a step above OE as well.
Only had the new parts on for a day, but so far so good.
Price is unbeatable and they ship fast and free.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Rock Auto, GM parts direct, pace, amazon all will have them.

Why do you want to go w/ stock though? For about the same $$$ you can upgrade to something nicer and more durable. I have 56,000 miles on my DBA's/hawk ceramics and have NEVER had them resurfaced...I will probably get around 60,000 out of the fronts before I need to replace them, the rears about 75,000 by the way they look. My stock setup was toast by 50,000 and the fronts were surfaced twice in that time for steering wheel shimmy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just replaced my front rotors and pads about 2 weeks ago. I got ac delco rotors and hawk pads off amazon. Cheapest I found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts