Pontiac G8 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Send me some pics and price you want for them.
Will do. I’m down to one arm at the moment (rotator cuff surgery) so it might not be right away.

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
^^^ Fellas. May be more appropriate to start a conversation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking to replace my current shocks on my GT. The GT still has the original shocks with 122K miles.

I don't want to lower the car as I already have a low transition from the street to my driveway that the GT just clears.

I was looking at Pedders or Koni. Either of these a good choice or does someone have another suggestion?
I just upgraded my g8 GT with pedders suspension and I’m not to happy...since the upgrade the car rides like a euro tuner car very bouncy which isn’t cool for a muscle car and my rear tires make the car swerve crazy when the rear goes over bumps on the highway at faster speeds...I’m going to upgrade the rear toe rods trail links and what not with some BMR components to see if that improves it but I really miss the stock ride I have to admit. So just do your home work is my advice.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Were the struts and shocks installed with Pedders springs?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black, Roto-Fab CAI.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So, I am ready to order something. It looks like I can get AC Delco stock rear shocks and front struts off eBay and they appear to be available. The only other stock like option I see is Pedders stock replacements to be delivered in mid November this year once ordered. Just go with the AC Delco?

I was looking at new coil springs as well while I had stuff apart. Having difficulty finding the correct AC Delco spring part numbers and availability of the springs themselves. Keep hunting or does someone have another suggestion? As I stated in my original post here, I have a steep transition from the street to my driveway so, I would prefer not to lower the car.

Appreciate any comments.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just looked on the Rockauto site. You installed the Monroe Severe Service Monroe's?

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
For Rock Auto, be sure to Google the 5% off discount code. Copy and paste it in the "how did you hear about us" section for an additional pre-tax and shipping savings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Looks like I am going with the Monroe's off Rock Auto.

Thanks everyone..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Anyone know where I can get the torque settings for the rear shock and front strut bolts?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The simple way to determine if your springs have changed is if they have sagged. So if they haven't sagged and you don't want lower/higher, or stiffer/softer springs, then they don't need to be changed. And certainly if they were going to sag, they would have well before 125k miles.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts