Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing on forums that I can put up to 275 or 285 on a 20x9 wheel. But what's best for side wall size? I'm lowered on h&r springs and the rears has no wheels gap with my stock g8 wheels. As well as the front 20x8s

·
Registered
189 Posts
275 with stock fenders, 285 if rolled.

On the front correlate it with the rear.

245/275 or 255/285 IMO. This keeps the "look" right in regards to how big the tire looks on the wheel.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have staggered camaro 245/275 setup + Eibach springs, and even I had some rub on the wheel well until I rolled the fenders. Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The recommended tire sizes for the fronts are 245/35 and 275/30 for the rear. You'll definitely need to roll your rear fenders (and possibly do the bumper bracket mod) if you're lowered.

I'm on Tein springs and Koni shocks and with a 275/30 rear tire I had to roll my fenders and do the bumper bracket mod to stop the tire rub. After doing those two mods I had no rub at all with a fully loaded car. I'm now running a 285/30 rear tire and I had to get more aggressive on the rear fender roll. With the 285 rear tire I occasionally get rubbing over large dips in the road when I have more than 1 person in the car. I'm willing to live with it though because I think the 285's look a lot wider from behind the car than the 275's. Also, the 285 rear tires seem to bulge ever so slightly on the 9" rim, but this could just be the tires that I'm using (Nitto NT 555 G2).

Bumper Bracket Mod:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/17-wheels-tires/52472-diy-rear-bumper-bracket-mod-fixing-rear-tire-rub.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts