Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
NC
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts about what the best tire for the GT would be?
Stock GT wheels

Really liked the BFG Super Sport All Seasons for the Camaro, but those were 275/40/R17 series tires.

·
Registered
737 Posts
alot of guys are saying all the NITTOs invos are amazing for track and street.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
There is no best, it's all a matter of opinion. Depends on what your budget is ultimately.

If value and performance is what you seek then look at Cooper Zeon RS3 and Hankook Ventus v12, and of course the Nitto's.

If you want the best and money is no object look at the Michelin Super Sports.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm running Falken PT-722, because I needed a high performance all season.
Couldn't be happier, awesome dry, wet and snow traction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
They are rated for 40K miles.
I've only had them for a couple thousand so far.
Highly recommended.
Smooth ride and feel planted at all times, no rolling.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
idk if its stock or not but my car came with goodyear eagle rsa tires. so far, theyre pretty awesome. i do like them alot!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
idk if its stock or not but my car came with goodyear eagle rsa tires. so far, theyre pretty awesome. i do like them alot!
If you think those are awesome wait til you get a new set. They are OEM tires but they are the biggest pieces of **** on the market.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
what do u recommend then? i honestly dunno a darn thing bout tired (whips out a note pad to take notes)

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
There is no best, it's all a matter of opinion. Depends on what your budget is ultimately.

If value and performance is what you seek then look at Cooper Zeon RS3 and Hankook Ventus v12, and of course the Nitto's.

aside from what u mentioned here (sry)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got the BF Goodrich Comp 2. They got real good reviews on TireRack and the price was right. They are good in the rain.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Lmao, you are THE one to go to for sensitivity training.

Wait a minute... sensitivity training? Why because I'm brutally honest lol.

As to the question asked of me. My suggestions stand but there are others who are far more knowledgeable than me. I go with what I know and those are my recommendations, I've never used Nittos and always heard good things about them. Also always liked the Toyo Proxes 4.

·
Registered
55 Posts

x2

Michelin Super Sports are top of the line.

Hankook V12, Cooper Zeon RS3, and the Nitto Motivo are all good tires that keep price in mind.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've had:
The original summer Bridgestone Potenza's (RE05A maybe?), great for the street, not quite good enough for the track
Goodyear RSA's- total crap, were sold when still almost new because I couldn't stand them
Dunlop Z1 Star Specs- rough riding on the street, awesome with autocross, lasted 20k miles with about a dozen autocross events
Kumho Ecsta XS- same as Star Specs but cheaper and slightly less ultimate dry grip
Nitto NT05's- rough on the street, awesome when warmed up on the track, lasted 5 track days and 5k miles
Michelin Pilot Super Sports- Amazingly smooth and comfy on the street, even with coilovers, feels like a different car from the Dunlops, Kumhos and Nittos, haven't pushed them hard in the turns yet, too soon to comment on wear. The reviews are they perform great on the track and last longer than most other performance tires. I'll be finding out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I intend to put BFG KDW 2s on the rear, i had them on my Camaro and loved them, great grip when I needed, but could get loose when I wanted, didn't squeal, and performed just as well wet as dry....no snow here

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
So I have the tires on my ride from previous owner. He had ,I have falkens up front and yo yo ma ma's on the back ( Yokohama) I think I might go falken again. They seem to do the job and the price is nice . 162.95 is the best price I've seen online so far. When doing my price research I saw a brand called nankang . Never heard of them but they say their as good as the falken brand, any reviews or personal experiences with the nankang brand ? So far best price.there is 140.25.
Never mind on the nankang. Just did a search and am reading bad things ,so never mind. Guess its back to falken and maybe hankook .
Falkens tend to wear kinda fast from what I'm reading. Anyone else having this happen? Maybe that's why I got e decent amount of tread on the yo yo mamas and gotta get tires for the front to replace those balding falkens on my ride . So know leaning towards the hankook as I am noticing the Yokohama tires are more expensive. And at that price range I can go with bf Goodrich or Bridgestone. Oh and sorry o.p. not trying to thread jack , just didn't want to start yet another tire thread Q and A . Mine would be the third thread on tires in the last couple days .

1 - 20 of 42 Posts