Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok going with the volant intake im curious what was the best replacement for the filter i see people going with the amsoil, k&N and AFE.....also with that being said im running a cortex tuner should i stil purchase the volant tune even with the new filter or maybe the roto fab or afe with the new filter

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I'm putting on my Volant on tomrrow at our shop at work. Got a HSRK with it to. Also got a catch can to put on also. Probley gonna post some pics of the install,Can't wait. Didn't get instructions with mine cause it's used. Heard that i have to disconnect the battery before install.Heard it is to reset the ECM to relearn the new air cleaner, or is that bologena?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i got mine used as well but no HSRK ill have to look into one i know the amsoil is dry and the k&N is oiled dont know about the afe

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
LOVED my Amsoil filter...
And the Hydrophobic sleeve !

Will be posting the Volant for sale with a unused HSRK in a few days...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
think im going to call cortex tomorrow about which tune to go with because im sure the filter makes a big difference

·
Capital City G8 Member
288 Posts
I just got rid of my Volant but I was running an Amsoil filter dry. The same one that fits the RotoFab. Get rid of that powercore. Its junk.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well went with the amsoil filter got is for 56 bucks shipped so not crazy much more then k&N but its a dry filter like i wanted.....also called superchips they said even with the better filter to stil run the volant tune because the increase of air flow will be seen by the MAF and adjust accordingly

·
Registered
151 Posts
well went with the amsoil filter got is for 56 bucks shipped so not crazy much more then k&N but its a dry filter like i wanted.....also called superchips they said even with the better filter to stil run the volant tune because the increase of air flow will be seen by the MAF and adjust accordingly
HI,
What was amsoil model no. ,when you change box clean MAF with a maf cleaner

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i cleaned the TB and MAF and installed the new filter surprised the tone change with the amsoil filter didnt take her out due to ****ty weather maybe tomorrow we will see

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
amsoil# EAAU6065

i can pm you a guys number who is a distributor for amsoil got my filter day after it was placed after tax and shipping only 56 bucks he is located in columbus

its a semi tricky fit but it does fit and looks good ill take a pic tomorrow if your thinking about doin it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts