Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mine on for a week and it finally rained. Time to clean her up. With the rougher surface of Plasti Dip, what's the best way to clean these wheels without harming the Plasti Dip finish?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I used a wash mitt but that left some lint on the surface. Funny because afterwards I used tape to get the lint off like a lint roller. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. You can scrub them TO A DEGREE but don't go crazy...I'd keep a light touch. I'm going to use an old bath towel or t-shirt next time. The important thing to remember is to not puncture the finish and be careful at corners and edges. Corners and edges are usually the thinnest parts.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
I use a long soft bristle brush that only gets used on the wheels. The big trick is to clean the brake dust off before it has time to set in.
Ditto. Being an Adamsaholic, I keep some diluted car wash in a spray bottle. Hose down the wheel, spray, brush with a soft bristle wheel brush, and blow dry.
if you have some dust to deal with, then some Green Wheel Cleaner or Deep Wheel Cleaner. They wont hurt the dip.

Just did mine yesterday!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Spray another layer on. Done!

Joking of course, but that is what I'll be doing to my other plasti-dipped parts once it finally stops snowing/sleeting/raining here in the midwest. Easy way to touch it up after a long and miserable winter.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
DYC folks like to use Simple Green.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts