Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this question with saying I drove my g8 base all last winter with no problems, stability control kept me in line, there wasn't a single scare with getting stuck on any hills. See below if interested in short video.

Anyway, is the g8 base better than a gt or gxp in the snow because of a better weight ratio? (engine weighs less)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'd say no. I drove my V6 through 2 winters now with no problems and my GT should be the same. Just easy on the throttle, manual mode starts in 2nd anyway. TC off to get going. Back on once you're up to speed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've never driven a V6, but I have driven my GT through Wisconsin winters without any issues at all.

I'd say no. I drove my V6 through 2 winters now with no problems and my GT should be the same. Just easy on the throttle, manual mode starts in 2nd anyway. TC off to get going. Back on once you're up to speed.
FYI manual mode will start in first gear if you pull the shifter back instead of pushing it forward when first engaging manual select.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I've never driven a V6, but I have driven my GT through Wisconsin winters without any issues at all.

FYI manual mode will start in first gear if you pull the shifter back instead of pushing it forward when first engaging manual select.
Yes it will. But if you just roll up to a stop it will stop in 2nd

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
All dependant on the tires you have. I have summer tires all year round in ill...Slippin and slidin is pretty fun. I vote GT all day long..lol I go sideways just idlin gon 3 inches of snow..

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
V6-no positrack

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
He's kidding guys...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The GXP being AWD and twin turboed would be the best in the snow IMHO.
Especially with the optional air suspension and 4" lift kit.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lmfao the Canadian versions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts