Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had them do a full stereo install, sound deaden and HID install.

The Good:
JL Cleansweep installed no problem
Amp installed no problem
Driver HID installed no problem

The Bad:

Windows were tinted satisfactorily, their tinter has a big opinion of himself but managed to do light scratching to both of my rear fenders. They fixed it but not before the tinter gave me this horrible stink eye as if it was somehow my fault. Still have some bubbling 3 weeks later that I am giving more time to go away.

Passenger HID now has condensation in the morning, took it back for fix and it still fills up with condensation.

Scratched up my GXP wheel. They did offer to fix but it was too expensive to fix so they discounted some work. I agreed to this.

Sound deadening to front doors was amateurish at best also cut away the plastic water shield on stock doors for no reason.

Sub box wasn't carpeted, they just laid some carpeting over it to hide it.

Drive front door speaker starting cutting out after sound deadening. They wouldn't answer my calls so I fixed it myself (this would be 3rd time going back to them).

THE WORST part which I found today by removing the rear doors was that they didn't even screw in the rear door speakers all the way. Instead of making a wood baffle to fit them properly they used long screws to just hold the speakers in place, just barely in place. There is a big gap all around because they didn't want to take the time to make a baffle.

I'm disgusted. Apparently you can't pay anyone to do good work anymore.

There are also other minor issues with them not checking their work and me finding it before I left their shop on a few occasions which they fixed before I left.

Would not recommend.

Picture of rear speakers so no one can claim BS. Posting this because I've tried to call for three days now with no answers. Never had a problem getting a hold of them before. Also stopped answering my emails.

Amazing front sound deadening job:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Good to know since I live in area
Thx for posting

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
BBB Just report them . Even if it does no, you should feel better to vent .............

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card? If so dispute the charges, even if they get it in the end they'll still have to jump thru the hoops to get the money. Screw em hold the money up for as long as you can!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Good grief they butchered that install!

I've heard a few good things from guys in CCG8 that live near Annapolis that have used them to roll fenders and minor stereo work. But after seeing that disaster I wouldnt go there for anything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh, they also covered the crossover with deadening. I had to remove it to check the wires due to the speaker not working.

And when I say cover, I mean only the crossover?!?!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Maybe it was "bring your kid to work and have him do your work day" at the shop, did you see any 8 year old kids running around?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
That's a shame. Looks like they cut the new guy loose and went home early. Will steer clear.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Wow, that is terrible. Damn...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is still claiming the HID was done right....mind boggling. I'm just asking for a refund on labor and he is fighting me.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Sorry to hear this... Hope it all works out in the end for ya!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that they scratched up your GXP wheel. What the heck were they doing anywhere near your wheels?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
In my mind I just picture standing in front of the individual, staring at them intently for about 6 seconds and then bitch-slapping them.

Side note- I love Boston Acoustics stuff. Once it's fixed I'd like to hear your feedback on the set up.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Wow, sucks to hear these guys have some lame-oids working there that obviously don't give a schit.

Btw: How does a stereo install result in a scratched wheel? You have to go out of your way to do that one, right!?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Against my better judgement I took it back and had them put the rear speaker back in properly. They also tried to fix the light again but it still fogged up on the way home. At least the speaker was put back in the way it was supposed to. They also fixed the sound deadening and did a good job this time around. Only took 3 return visits to get completed work.

Apparently they are not happy about me posting my experience. Everything I've posted is, however, true.

My dispute with them is satisfied but I would not recommend them.

BTW, they changed tires for me, that is how they scratched one wheel.

We still don't agree on the HID fogging up. They are claiming defective headlight (crack), but I don't agree since it didn't start fogging until the HID install.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
You can't make up **** like this in a movie.

So.........holy ****.

My wife was the one who picked it up from the shop yesterday because I was in class all day (Grad' school). I was finally able to check out their work today. Right front door speaker not working.

dynamat goop on outside of front doors that I had to claybar off. I also had to open it up again to fix the speaker...loose wire that I was only able to partially get working because it was soldered so I taped it into a position that got the tweeter working again.

Unsmurfing believable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts