Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help deciding tires. I like them both but confused ratings are really close.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I put a pair of the BFG SC2's on my car last July and have loved them. They're very good in the wet stuff.

Don't know about the other style.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
If I remember right the Sport Comp 2 has one of the widest tread widths you can find. So my vote goes for this. It will give you a more squared look.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I love them both but went with the bridgestones. They were on sale. I had the comp 1s(?) on my last car and loved the grip in the wet especially.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Both are $100 off in rebates right now with Discount Tire Direct ;).

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got a 19" staggered set of the Comp-2's waiting for me at Discount Tire. Once my new TPMS come in next week, I'll be putting them on my new M310's.

I can post some pics and a review next week, even if it's to late.

Raqyzf, i don't think the $100 rebate works for the BFG's b/c they don't already have a rebate. What do u think?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard that the comp 2's have a tone of road noise

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I heard that the comp 2's have a tone of road noise
Well I would say that is a ton of exaggeration!

However, they are just a tad louder than OEM. It doesn't bother me and am used to it now. When I first put them on, it took a while before I even noticed it and then once I realized it was the tires I immediately stopped thinking/worrying about it.

I just got my ears calibrated and will tell you these tires are exactly 2db's louder than stock.

For the performance and cost I can tell you that I am glad I bought them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts