Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bass Boost Gain Mod works in G8

How sweet. Now I can live with the stereo. The sub-amp is in the trunk next to the battery. remove all the covers, slide fingers below amp and feel for bias control and give it a turn. I am happy now.

Taken with Blackberry phone camera. Now I am off to get sunroof installed.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Awesome information, thanks! I'll definitely be tweaking that.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Cool find. I will remember this.

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
good find! thanks for the 4-1-1!

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Bass Mod

vhato: Nice work! This is perfect. I planned on keeping my stock head unit and amps. If I was going to replace anything, it would be some of the speakers. Like 6x9's and 3 1/4 ones.

Thanks again, great find!

:wiggle:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In another thread here, a GTO guy said how they do it. So I hoped the sub-amp was the same.

It ain't perfect. Country, Pop, Rock all sound MUCH better. However, Rap music doesn't. The Deepest Bass, sounds overdriven. Either the amp can't push it, the subwoofers can't take it or both. It is good enough for me to not spend any money doing anything about it though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, it is gain control, my mistake.

I dunno what that amp is connected to in any detail. Rear door speakers sound the same so I assume is was just for the woofers. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Reminds me of my Bonneville, except they were nice enough to put a sliding knob on the dash by the radio. It controls just the woofers.

·
Maniac at the wheel
366 Posts
Thanks for the gain control trick.Helped a noticeable amount.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Reminds me of my Bonneville, except they were nice enough to put a sliding knob on the dash by the radio. It controls just the woofers.

:confused::huh:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Sorry it was a little off topic. Just trying to relate with my own experience...

·
GM Holden Ltd
523 Posts
subs in the rear of the G8 should be the same as the GTO's? trying to remember if the GTO's were 6 or 8"

i'd say the amp would be very similar too

·
Pontiac Fanatic
444 Posts
I'm a bit lost. Does this simply up the amount of bass the system puts out?

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
It's the gain control which will increase the amplitude of the signal going to the speakers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm a bit lost. Does this simply up the amount of bass the system puts out?
I am not even an audio prosumer, but based on what I hear...yes. It only sends more power to the two sub woofers.

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
thanks for the info, works great. 092 of 888

1 - 20 of 313 Posts