Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased my solo exhaust directly from Steve at solo and to my surprise the experience was extremely pleasant. I only say to my surprise because in my recent experiences, performance companies have lost touch with what customer service is all about. Steve went above and beyond to ensure I bought the right kit even if it meant spending less money. I called him 2 times, PMd him countless times and changed my mind 3 times, he never lost patience and re-assured me that I was making the right choice. I didn't know what I wanted and was confused on the different kits but by the time it was over I was well educated on their product and extremely happy with my purchase. Steve and Solo define what great customer service is and should be. Thanks again Steve!

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
I recently purchased my solo exhaust directly from Steve at solo and to my surprise the experience was extremely pleasant. I only say to my surprise because in my recent experiences, performance companies have lost touch with what customer service is all about. Steve went above and beyond to ensure I bought the right kit even if it meant spending less money. I called him 2 times, PMd him countless times and changed my mind 3 times, he never lost patience and re-assured me that I was making the right choice. I didn't know what I wanted and was confused on the different kits but by the time it was over I was well educated on their product and extremely happy with my purchase. Steve and Solo define what great customer service is and should be. Thanks again Steve!

100% agree. They were great for me too!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant wait to see what my car is going to sound like...oooooooooooo....i cant wait

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Solo rocks!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats even more amazing is to realize how fast I got the exhaust, ordered wednesday at 1030am, received Friday at 1pm.(I'm in VA). If I ever go FI, I'll be ordering their 3" exhaust without question or hesitation. Thanks again Steve!!!!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
My pleasure! Thanks so much for the kind words and we appreciate everything you and the G8 community have done for us!

Enjoy your new Solo kit and keep that permagrin going!

Steve

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well just when i thought it couldnt get any better, i have since bolted on my new exhaust and absolutely love the sound. only problem with fitment is the right side axleback seems to be at a slight angle pointed inwards towards the center of the car. No matter what i tried i just couldnt get it perfectly strait. the mid-mounted muffler seems to be touching the right side of the heat shield in the exhaust tunnel, however, I DO NOT feel like this is an inconsistancy on SOLOs part, i feel like my headers are the problem. i plan on re-making the flanges that came on the headers so that problem will be remedied shortly. for the first 2 days i have no idea how the drone was becuase i couldnt keep my foot out of it. I have since driven many miles at cruising speed and its practically non exhistant. I didnt expect it to be that quiet at cruise because i have LTH and no cats. other than a decrease in fuel economy, im in love with everything about this kit and even more so now that ive heard it in person. A friend and i were on the way to our car club meeting and i went past him to give him a little taste of the new exhaust. he later told me that his fiance in the passanger seat said "da#$, that thing sounds good" thanks again Steve and SOLO!!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
That's really awesome! Thanks so much for the feedback and welcome to the Solo family!!

Steve

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
579 Posts
I ordered my SOLO day 2 of owning the car. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. Plus, the look is just... Killer.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
I ordered my SOLO day 2 of owning the car. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. Plus, the look is just... Killer.
Thanks so much for the kind words and enjoy going SOLO!

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts