Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got my stall in and its driving great I'm considering a bigger cam. How big can a guy go with a 3000 stall and have a car still be useable as a roadtrip car/dd capable car? I'd like to get it into the high/mid elevens eventually. I was suggested a 226/236 113+4 .625/.625 lift to fit these goals. I live around 2800ft elevation or so. My current cam in a 220/227 112+2 Is the 113 too wide of an lsa or are the cam events looking decent to hit these goals and make better power?

·
Registered
266 Posts
What are your times with your current cam and stall? Have a timeslip?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the stall in a week and a half ago and haven't ran it down the track yet. Probably lucky to hit mid 12s with it. Other than a valve job/ correct springs and what not I dont have anything done to the heads.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think you need to get to the track and dial the car in before you start thinking about changing the cam, unless you really don't like the power delivery right now. My last cam from Pat G was 222/226 .606/.604 113 + 2. It was good enough for a 12.29 @ 114 MPH with a 1.9 60ft. The cam really needed a stall to go any faster. If I would have changed it, the car would have ran 11's. The drag strip really isn't my thing and my new and old cam perform great on the street. My new cam by the way is from Rick C and is a point or two off from the Little Lunati Low Lift.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Bigger isnt always better in a full weight sedan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir that's true I should probably mill and try and clean up the heads and have a ported intake before I change the cam I suppose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My cam is 218/226 .595 .595 114+3
Will also be add kooks catted mids 1 7/8. What do you think ? Cam is by Cammotion

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be pretty docile a great smooth driver with plenty of torque.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That’s what I’m hoping for. This is my daily driver for at least the next 3 years. Then I’m hoping to pick up a 2016 SS. That’s when I’ll go all out on the g8

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you haven't got the cam you could go bigger yet....I'd spec it once for your goals rather than having to do it again all over a second time. I'm on the border of wanting a larger cam already though mines a great daily driver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Already have the cam. Gotta keep it tame for now. Just can’t wait to get that little tiny stock cam out and let this motor run the way it was meant to. Should be a fun DD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts