Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some updated pics of my car. This weekend I used the trim brite tape to black out the pieces around the doors and used plastidip on the door handles...I think it came out great...

I think the next thing will be to get the windows tined. I usually don't like tinted windows, so I won't be going to dark, but with all the blacked out trim I think it needs it...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Much improved! I like the door handle treatment too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks great! I just did my front grill surrounds on Saturday and plan to do the chrome trim around the windows probably next weekend. I assume you used the 1 3/8" x 20' trim brite tape since that's all I can find. How many rolls did you need for the trim around the windows?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks good and nice Z06 in the background!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Looks great! Did you remove the door handles to plasti-dip or just tape really well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good and nice Z06 in the background!
Thanks!

Yes, I used the 1 3/8" trim brite, I got mine off of amazon. Since it's only like $4 per roll, I bought 6 rolls knowing I would probably screw some of it up and didn't want to have to wait to get more. You can do the whole car with 2 rolls if you get it right. There is a learning curve with using it, especially with the curved rear section, so I'd plan on having a little extra.

For the handles, I removed them and plastidipped them off of the car. Each handle only takes about 2 min to remove (there's a youtube video showing how to do it). I dipped the whole handle (just tapped off the "mechanical" parts that go inside the door) and peeled it off of the center painted sections.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks really good man. I didn't know that tape even existed and now I might have to get some. Starting to want all the chrome covered on mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks awesome! I for sure agree on the tinted windows. It would go great with everything else being blacked out. How dark do you think you will go?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great job!! I really like the handles and it makes me want to do mine.

·
The Mustang dude
1,438 Posts
Blacking out that trim is what this car needs so much. Stock is ok, but once its blacked out you will undoubtedly stand back and wonder "why the fvck didnt I do this sooner?" and you'll realize how out of place and kinda stupid the chrome trim really looks.

Looks great man. Good work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
looks great! really love the door handles!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Same thing goes for the drivers door that has the lock mechanism in it?

·
Registered
508 Posts
My next project now that i see how easy it is. This should almost complete the super stealth look. Did you answer the driver door question with the lock? Is it the same way?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Driver door lock is the same way with 1 exception. The lock piece is held on by a pin inside the door, you just have to maneuver it out of the way, not difficult at all....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts