Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a V6 and because of a faulty water pump a few times my car overheated. I changed water pump and car run fine. Filled up with new coolant and after some weeks I checked I have some sort of cream cheese -.- mixed with coolant (as you can see on pictures below). Do i have a blown head gasket? the strange thing is, in oil dipstick its just fine, doesn't have any signs of coolant or anything strange. Could it be timing chain seal or anything?

Plus i'm having P0008 CEL, when CEL is on car run very slowly and throttle response is very slow. Sometimes when I pull hard on throttle in idle mode engine vibrates a bit too, and sometimes its just fine. 100% it is timing chain?

More one, when I turn steering wheel i hear a noise like i'm stretching something, what could it be?

Thanks you all

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Looks like headgasket because you overheated it could be a crack somewhere. Pull the spark plugs and see if they are all the same colour.
But your defiantly getting oil in the rad somehow.
The CEL is defiantly timimg chains, so your leak could be in there also.

Is it burning any oil or water ?? Blue smoke=Oil white smoke=coolant??

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
OK somehow the oil is getting into the water stream. Im looking into it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What parts should I need to buy?

I know i'll have to buy
- ACDelco timing chain kit (170 USD from RockAuto)
- Camshaft Holder (will help to do chain service)
- Head gasket (both sides) and a set of head bolts

I'll do the service by myself

I'm going to US in july to buy those parts, here in Brazil they're incredible expensive (just ACDelco timing chain kit online costs equivalent of 1100 USD) and FE2 struts too

Another question, where I can find a LSD differencial? could be standard ratio (2.92) or shorter like camaro's, my car looks like a motorcycle

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Check out Rockauto.com.
They have timing sets for different prices. Starting at $234

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally i got my car, man how hard it is to remove those heads, i'll post later some pics. I got no CEL until now, car runs great

·
Registered
54 Posts
That sucks.
I just went through the whole p0008 thing and it ended up not being timing chains but being my camshaft actuators. So make sure the shop checks what it is if your taking it somewhere
In total it cost me an absolute TON of money... way more then it should have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts