Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked Autozone and Napa and can't seem to find the HID blue headlight bulbs for our G8. They said my best bet is to look online and get them from a performance shop. Does anyone have a good recommendation as to where i can find the blue headlight lightbulbs?
thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
HID's are kits, not just bulbs. There are many threads on HID discussion as well as links to sources of kits...

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
I checked Autozone and Napa and can't seem to find the HID blue headlight bulbs for our G8. They said my best bet is to look online and get them from a performance shop. Does anyone have a good recommendation as to where i can find the blue headlight lightbulbs?
thanks!
You might want to start by googling HID headlights just to get an idea of how they work and what you will need to be looking for. Prices can range from about 30 bucks for an ebay kit to 150+ for the high end kits. Also note that the bluer they are the less light they are actually putting out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:eek2:
thanks!
:eek2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
574 Posts
We were all Car noobs once.

How many of us actually looked for a way to change the blinker fluid?
....ok maybe that was just me...

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM DDM HID kits...

Retrofitsource has GREAT kits.. super high quality!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
If you want blue be sure to get 8000k. I got 6000k installed and love em. Crisp white with only a hint of blue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Be careful about "Blue" HIDs....In most states aren't exactly legal in some applications depending on your state. Blue bulbs are easy to spot from a mile away and you stick out in traffic.

Give it some though before you buy.

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
If you want blue be sure to get 8000k. I got 6000k installed and love em. Crisp white with only a hint of blue.
I guess it varies depending on brand but the 6000ks I had in my impala were definitely blue enough. I have 5000k now and they still have a hint of blue.

6000K in my old Impala SS and my buddy's WS6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qvPXMfBCk

5000K in my G8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts