Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger on this but I have a few concerns and was hoping someone could lend some input.

With these being older units (bluetooth 2.1) how is the audio streaming quality? Any issues connecting with certain phones?

Any random issues/quirks etc?

· Registered
2,180 Posts
Works with my iPhone and Chris over there is great to work with.

I have a "review" thread on em. Just search threads started by me :-D

Not sure if they stream but works with voice command and for my phone calls.

Highly recommend.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw the review thread was just a while ago so I wanted a "fresh" prospective. Currently I stream music through an HTC Aux Stereo Clip and while I could just connect to both devices I would hope this would work for both.

· HeapBlaster
479 Posts
I was considering one but i dont see anything about audio streaming and thats the only reason id want one... its retarded that its not offered stock to me tho...

· Registered
519 Posts
Audio streaming IS supported on the bluestar units, but you will need to run some extra wires. The factory connections used for calls is only mono. There is a 3.5mm jack on the unit that is used for stereo audio output. You would need to hook that up to either the front or rear aux input.

· Registered
165 Posts
Audio streaming IS supported on the bluestar units, but you will need to run some extra wires. The factory connections used for calls is only mono. There is a 3.5mm jack on the unit that is used for stereo audio output. You would need to hook that up to either the front or rear aux input.
Hmm, INTERESTING! Have you or someone else you know done it? How is the quality? I had an aftermarket unit to do it in my G35, but I wasn't impressed at all, but I do think it was at least partly related to the connection being made through the XM feed, so maybe it can be better than my experience with that.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the aux cable included? also curious about the quality...

Also if the music is being routed through the rear aux then I imagine it would all run through the same Bluetooth connection so the integration is nice but I guess worst case scenario I could figure out how to hard wire the HTC clip I have (music on it is pretty amazing) and just set my phone to connect to both when I enter the car.

· Registered
510 Posts
I've looked into these units before and probably will buy one eventually, but as far as I have ever read on the forums these units do not offer audio streaming support.
I use my for audio streaming all the time. That's the reason I bought it, actually....my car had the stock bluetooth, but I would much rather have the streaming audio. I haven't had any complaints regarding phone call clarity, nobody seems to have noticed that it isn't the OEM quality level...but then I don't use that much, either. The streaming audio I have no complaints about, either, it's certainly no worse than any other vehicle I've been in which supported this.

The factory connections used for calls is only mono. There is a 3.5mm jack on the unit that is used for stereo audio output. You would need to hook that up to either the front or rear aux input.
Or, if you have XM, you could splice into the wiring for that. I went this route since I don't have an XM subscription and didn't want to run wires to the front of the car. The XM box (if equipped) is right next to the OnStar box, so it's a pretty convenient location.

And as someone previously mentioned, the support from Chris is phenomenal. I bought my unit used, and it was an older version which didn't support audio streaming, I had a few e-mails with Chris about it, and his responses were always prompt and clearly answered my questions. Sent the unit back in and had him upgrade it, been working great ever since.

· Registered
876 Posts
My bluestar works awesome and zero issues. Not oem quality but well worth the price
Same with my bluestar, picked up used on fleebay. No issues but quality good, but worth the extra safety of keeping both hands on the wheel. I just removed the onstar box from the plastic case and installed bluestar back in the plastic cover and reinstalled. Can't tell any difference when you open up the trunk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.