Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Ok, so I'm just a moron :embarrassed: I figured out the cruise thing based on what was said, and it works. I wasn't twisting the stalk to "set" to actually activate it. I'm use to just hitting the "on" button and it being on. Ooops :embarrassed:

So the only thing left is to clear the code and get my remote start back.
You might consider picking up a used superchips cortex programmer. You will get a touch more power, much improved shifting, and be able to clear/read your own codes.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
@Cinosa, if you haven’t done so already, you can call General Motors of Canada and have them research the VIN for recall or special coverage information in regards to the CEL and the fuel cap. I don’t always have access to this type of information for vehicles outside the United States, but I can try.

General Motors of Canada has a toll free telephone number of 1-800-263-3777. They’re available Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 11:30pm EST and Saturday, 7:30am to 6pm EST.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Speed Demon
58 Posts
Cinosa, if you need your CEL cleared ive got my cortex tuner that can clear it for yeah. oh and i have a few spare fog light bulbs i no longer need since i changed over to LED bulbs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cinosa, if you need your CEL cleared ive got my cortex tuner that can clear it for yeah. oh and i have a few spare fog light bulbs i no longer need since i changed over to LED bulbs.
Well, that would be super! PM your phone # and I'll send you a txt and we can work something out. I appreciate the offer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Has anyone figured this one out yet?
I have no cruise control and remote start - this is after a tune, and I have NO lights on my dash board. Been like this for now two years and really pissing me off - I asked the tuner and all I get is the "I do not know".

Help?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
You are indicating that your remote start and cruise control worked correctly *before* the tune was installed, but both functions have become inop *after* the tune ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
You are indicating that your remote start and cruise control worked correctly *before* the tune was installed, but both functions have become inop *after* the tune ?
Correct, and I do not see anything in the tune that could possibly do this.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
To zero in on what could have caused these 2 problems, could you post what you do and what you see displayed in the DIC, when trying to get cruise control to engage. An what steps you do and what light indication you see, when trying for a remote start.

·
Registered
151 Posts
To zero in on what could have caused these 2 problems, could you post what you do and what you see displayed in the DIC, when trying to get cruise control to engage. An what steps you do and what light indication you see, when trying for a remote start.
For cruise control, get up to speed on the highway, push cruise on DIC says "Cruise on" then rotate down to "activate", nothing happens and the DIC just says "cruise on"

For the remote start, double or single lock the car via remote then push and hold start, 4-way flashers flash once or twice, I hear the fuel pump prime then nothing. I believe when inside the car a dash light comes up and it looks like a car symbol. (It's been a while since I've tried and the car is 30 miles from me)

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
The fact that you hear the fuel pump kick on yet it still doesn't start sounds really odd. If anyone can help you it will probably be GOPHERIT.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
For RVS an Cruise Control, you *could* have a fault code set, that I feel *would not* display any symbol or info, to let you know anything was wrong. But *would* prevent you from getting either of these 2 items to work correctly. Those fault codes are *B* classified type faults (as in B3006). If you have access to scan/code reader, it would have to be up-level enough to read P-B-an C level codes (to see *if* there are any codes set).
The *red* car display in the IPC, will turn on for any door that is sensed as *not* being latched closed. That alone, would prevent a RVS attempt. Being in the car (if I'm reading that correctly) and you doing something with the RVS, doesn't make any sense to me. I can post up some things for you to see and try, to help TS the problems when your back at the car, if you want.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
Sounds like a door ajar sensor is malfunctioning or broken...

·
Registered
151 Posts
For RVS an Cruise Control, you *could* have a fault code set, that I feel *would not* display any symbol or info, to let you know anything was wrong. But *would* prevent you from getting either of these 2 items to work correctly. Those fault codes are *B* classified type faults (as in B3006). If you have access to scan/code reader, it would have to be up-level enough to read P-B-an C level codes (to see *if* there are any codes set).
The *red* car display in the IPC, will turn on for any door that is sensed as *not* being latched closed. That alone, would prevent a RVS attempt. Being in the car (if I'm reading that correctly) and you doing something with the RVS, doesn't make any sense to me. I can post up some things for you to see and try, to help TS the problems when your back at the car, if you want.
Thank you very much! I have a blue point hand held scanner but does not do what is specificied above. Can you show me an example of these scanners? I am in the market for one that does these codes. I will look into all of this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just spoke with the man who did all the code readings and there was nothing showing. I guess the next step is to find someone else's tune and reflash it back to stock?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
^^^^ I wish I new of a scanner/reader that would do it all (As in P B C an U codes). I own a Inova 3150 (bought in August of 09) To date,I've never had a fault code on the G8. Can't seem to find out if all those codes are obtainable with this unit. Its not mandatory to see if there are any faults, but it makes TS a lot easier.
But you can eliminate some things real easy. (1)--- Roll your drivers door window down and with the door open, verify that (red car icon) is illuminated. Close the door, and verify the the icon goes out (all doors latched correctly). Then hit the lock button on the fob, followed by that holding of the RVS button as you have done before (while standing near the car). If the start cycle won't make it past the parking lights flash, you have a hidden problem. This is of course that you know for a fact that the MIL light was not illuminated on the previous drive cycle. An that the RVS function is known to be set in the *enable* mode, on the customize trip page.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
16 Participants
GOPHERIT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing